The Run Away (A White Collar fanfic)

I ran the through the streets of New York looking behind me to see if they where following. I turned a sharp corner and ducked into a shop. I watched as the agents chasing

me ran by, unaware of where I had hidden. I walked to the restroom and hid in stall. I pulled my phone out and punched in the number I had thought to call everyday for the last year and a half.

When the number went to voice mail I felt the tears in my eyes slide down my sun burned skin. My throat was tight as I left the message.

"Neal, it's Ness. I'm in trouble," I began sobbing into my phone. "Neal, I'm scared." I paused knowing I had to let my tears flow. " Neal, I don't know what to do. I need your help. Please," I snapped my phone shut and let the tears flood out off my eyes.

I needed to find Neal he was the only one who could help me. As I walked out of the small shop I saw the familiar face, Mozzi.

"Moz," I call out waving, only hoping he recognizes me. I walk towards him and ran. I may not be fast, but I am faster then Mozzi. "Wait," I yell after him. He's smart enough to get me off his tail, but I'm smart enough to get back on it.

He leads me to an abandon building. I didn't know where I was anymore. I didn't care, not if it helped me find Neal. I run through the open door Mozzi disappeared into. Waiting for me was some with a gun pointing to the back of me head as I ran through.

"What's your name?" I hear Mozzi's voice ask, but he isn't behind. He can't be holding the gun. Not knowing who is behind, me I start to shake. I don't turn around, I wasn't in the mood for death.

"Janessa Alison Caffery," I answer.

From behind me I hear a familiar voice ask "How old are you?" The voice is too familiar to forget. The voice belongs to Neal.

Memories enter my mind of Neal, as he stands behind me. I know he won't shoot. He isn't like that. I may be a bad con, but that doesn't mean I'm not sneaky. I can feel the gun on the back of my head. It isn't real, I know that.

"You should remember your English accent sticks out here, kid" he said to me slowly sliding the gun away from my head. As I turned my head to face his, my fist connected with his cheek bone.