canon [au & fluff]

pairing: philip shea x lukas waldenbeck
fandom: eyewitness
word count: 1387
prompt: two of our favorite boys in love are both super famous in their respective fields (motocross and photography) and, according to what philip read in an article once, he and lukas are "canon", but they've only met once, (or so everyone thinks).

~

"Philip Shea!" Rose bellowed from down the hall of her apartment. He had been comfortably lounging on her sofa, feet propped up on the coffee table and scrolling through his instagram feed when the abrupt outburst occurred. "You have some explaining to do, mister!"

He titled his head to the side upon her entrance into the living area, lips pursed ever so slightly with an eyebrow raised. "What do you mean?"

Her phone made it's way into his hands and he began skimming through the page. The words flashed in front of Philip's eyes and a subtle laugh escaped him. 'Confirmed by an anonymous source, we have word that photographer Philip Shea and motocross star Lukas Waldenbeck have had quite the glamorous love affair brewing for months since their first meeting at Waldenbeck's debut in November of last year.

"Everything you've heard has been true so far. I know both parties personally, trust me. It's all true,"

Stated the source. Apparently the two are 'canon' as some of you younger folks might say. ...

Confirmed by who? Is all Philip wondered, scrolling down, glancing at each photo with a slight grin. He remembered the night so well.. Lukas was there for obvious reasons and Philip only attended on an assignment. It wasn't really his forte but he went anyway.

"You never told me that you were dating Lukas Waldenbeck! Do you have any idea what kind of press you could get from this?! More photoshoots, Phil! And-and--" Philip firmly laid his hands on his best friend's shoulders, steadying her as she looked like she was going to pass out. She stared at him, still waiting for an explanation. Philip couldn't hold in his laughter any longer and let it all loose. "What's so funny?"

"Rose, one I don't think we need more press. We're booked solid with events and photoshoots for the next four months! And two, we - we're not dating," Philip chuckled slightly more at the accusation, leaning away from her and stepped back, falling back onto the sofa. He drops his phone onto his lap and stares up at Rose who seems conflicted by the events spiraling out of her control. She knew something was up but what?

"Hm." She responds, taking small steps backward and turning to step into her kitchen, sitting at the island.

"Shoot, I forgot I have to go pick up some packages for my mom at the post office." Philip sits up, tugging his shoes back on his feet. He stands, walking into the kitchen and Rose jumps, struggling to hide her screen and Philip rolls his eyes playfully as he realizes what she was reading so intently. "Alright, Nosy Rosie, I'll see you at work tomorrow." He leans in and presses his lips to her cheek and makes his way to the front door.

  A small grin is found on his face when he pulls out his phone, staring at the black screen. He tried so hard to wipe that goofy, toothy smile off his face but he couldn't help it.