FAQ

Got questions?  Just comment below or Private Message us at MobSquad

Updated: 4/30/2017 

Why should I follow the hosts of this Awards competition?

When we started this competition, we had...uh, less than fifty followers.  We are dedicating a lot of time and work into hosting this contest, and it's honestly pretty discouraging if it ends up falling into the "Void of Undiscoverment".  Following us can help prevent that and help us be able to reach a bigger audience.

What if I unfollow the hosts of this Awards competition?

Look, this kind of action just screams "SCUMBAG ALERT" in giant, red letters.

If you're unfollowing because you lost the competition, just don't think about pressing the "unfollow" button.  If you joined this competition for the sake of winning, then you're most likely going to have a bad time.

Seriously though, everyone loses.  You're going to lose at many points in your life, and so will we.  But we're not going to be sore losers, and so shouldn't you.

If you're unfollowing because this competition has ended, again, stop just for a moment and hear us out.  By following us, you're helping us and our competition gain popularity.

Why would I do that?  you may wonder.  Well, more popularity means that this competition will reach a wider audience, yeah?

But wouldn't that mean more competitors?  Yes, it would.  But *gasp* what kind of victory is it if you won a competition...where you're the ONLY competitor?  I'll let you get creative with what kind of victory it would be ;)

Now, if you won the competition and you're unfollowing--wait, what?!  Did you not read the prizes that you have received on the PRIZES chapter of this book?  Have you no decency?!

Fine.  If you're going to do that, O Victor, fear not, we're not going to stoop to your level and take back all the prizes you received from us.  Keep them, for you earned THAT fair and square with your amazing writing.  However, you have lost all of our respect for you, and those prizes are all you're going to get from us.

We'll also call you out for being a scumbag.  You have been warned.

Will there be a Squad Writing Awards next year?

If this year's Squad Writing Awards run smoothly this year, then yes!  You can count on it!

DISCLAIMER:  how smoothly this year's Squad Writing Awards run is not dependent on just the hosts of this competition.  The participants and judges of this competition play an equally big--if not bigger--part in making this competition run as smoothly as possible :D

My book hasn't been added to your reading list, even though I submitted my form.  What do I do?

Firstly, make sure you have submitted your form in the FORMS section of this book.

We do not reply to your form;  we simply see the form, find your book, and add it to the "Squad Writing Awards" reading list.  If you did not see the notification (Wattpad does that sometimes) make sure to check the reading lists on our profile MobSquad.

If your book isn't in the reading list, please resubmit the form via Private Message us.

  ⚜ My book has been added to the wrong genre! 

Ohmigosh, we're so sorry!  It's most likely fUZZI_Lin (she's managing the reading lists) misclicking again.  Please tell us by inline commenting here or PMing us at MobSquad.

⚜ How soon do we expect our entries to be added in the reading lists? 

It depends on when you enter. fUZZI_Lin checks in twice a day to add all the entries that haven't been added yet and reply to comments, in the morning and at night.

So at the max, an entry can take up to twelve hours, but if she has some event going on that prevents her from checking in, it may even take a day before we can get to an entry and add it in.  Fear not, though--we have no intenf of outright ignoring anyone.

What if I unpublish my book, change its title, or change my username?

Unless you notify us of either of those changes through PM, we will not know.  fUZZI_Lin has kept tabs on all the entries on a Spreadsheet, and will double check periodically.  If we don't find your book in our reading lists and we cannot find your user profile to verify that you did/did not unpublish your book, you will be removed without notice.

  ⚜ What if my story does not have three chapters or 3,000 words? ⚜  

With so many entries, it's extremely hard for us to check each and every one of them to see if they fulfill those requirements.  Therefore, if a judge finds a book that doesn't meet those requirements, it will be removed without notice.