“Yes, Ms. Riddle?”

“I don’t want to go.” Said Arianna “I, I want to stay. I want to help fight them off.”

Dumbledore sighed

“I knew you would say that,” he said “I’m sorry Ms. Riddle, but you can’t it’s for your own safety.” Arianna shook her head

“This is what we’ve been studying for. Why we’ve been trained to duel at Defense against the Dark Arts. I want to be able to apply what I’ve learned.” She said persistently “I want to do this headmaster, please. I’m begging you.” Dumbledore stared at her, Arianna felt like he was staring right through her soul. After a moment or two, Dumbledore nodded.

“If that is what you want,” he said “Then I cannot stop you.” Despite the situation, Arianna smiled “Thank you, Professor.” She said

“No, Ms. Riddle” said Dumbledore “Thank you.” He smiled once more “I must leave you now, be prepared. There are still others who do not wish to leave, but only few choose to do that.” And at that he left. Arianna looked around and saw that there were still a lot of people at the Great Hall, most of them were higher years; the prefects seemed to have chosen to evacuate the children first.

“What do you mean you’re staying?” Arianna turned around to see Sirius standing in front of her “You can’t stay, A. You have to go. You might get hurt.” Arianna shook her head.

“I’m staying.” She said persistently “You can’t stop me, S. This is what we’ve been preparing for; this is what it’s like out there. I might as well know how it’s like in reality.” Sirius sighed; he knew he couldn’t stop her.

“Well, if you’re staying. Then so am I.” he said, she just smiled

“I can’t stop you now, can I?”

“Nope.”

“Same goes with us.” The two of them both turned to see all their friends, Peter, Remus, James, Lily, Marlene, Alice and a couple of more fellow Gryffindors who all seemed to be prepared to face what was going to happen.

“Don’t forget to count us in.” said a few more voices, the Gryffindors made some more room and there came some Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs and believe it or not, some Slytherins.

“What happened to not telling the others?” said Arianna, smiling at James who just smiled sheepishly.

“Well, they were really pushy and we needed all the help we can get right?”

“Right.” Said Arianna and Sirius in unison

“Well, so much for that.” Said James “Anyways, I have devised a plan. The Ravenclaws guard the entrances, the Hufflepuffs help the other lower years to get out, Uhh you Slytherins…” James eyed them a bit warily. One of them rolled their eyes,

“Don’t worry, we aren’t double agents.” The boy said, he and his fellow Slytherin friends then lifted their sleeves “See. We don’t have the mark.”

“Right,” said James feeling a bit reassured now “Well you guys secure the entire place, we Gryffindors will do the same.” And at that everyone did as they were told. There were a good number of them so they were pretty matched up with how many Death Eaters they saw on the map, the thing that worried Arianna and well the rest of them who stayed were that they can’t get the other people out as fast as they expected. It was mainly because of the fact that they kept asking what was happening.

“They have to keep moving.” Arianna said as she and Sirius patrolled around the Great Hall, he nodded in agreement.

“But they won’t. They keep asking why they have to leave, a good number of them at least.” He said “Some of them just don’t move… Like… Like they’re under the Imperius Curse…”