Chapter Nine: Pew Pew

I place the pancake onto Jess' plate. Everyone have three pancakes on theirs. Merk is going to come by my place in about an hour and hang out for a bit before we all begin the plans that I've made.

Toppings were placed all about the table, everyone putting many things on their pancakes. We all eat and make jokes, laughing, and almost choking on food, the usual.

"So guys, as I said when we all woke up, Merk is gonna be stopping by for awhile and we are all gonna go out to the mall. I have money to spare from my part time job I had about a year ago still in my bank account, so I hope that this'll be fun." I told them as I put the last plate into the dishwasher.

Soon after an hour, a loud knock was heard. I walk to my front door and swing it open. "Ah, Merk! Come in, come in-" I said motioning to the living room. He does as my arms directed and sat next to Kylie in the corner of the couch.

"Sup Merk!" Kylie said enthusiastically, smiling.

"The sky, duh." He replies sarcastically.

"Or her-" Jess added pointing to me. The 'sky' joke got old awhile ago for me, but I guess they can keep their amusement.

"Whatever~" I say crossing my arms, leaning on the wall in front of them. "So, Merk already knows the plan, are you hungry?"

"Nah, I just ate." He gave me a thumbs up. I nod and give him one back.

"Sky, I thought you didn't like the mall-" I covered Kylie's mouth.

"I have a plan, okay? Shush." I told her. I quickly move my hand, knowing she might lick it to get my hand away.

As everyone is in the living room watching a show, I quickly grab a bag and zoom secretly outside to my car, which we were driving to the mall.

I place the bag into the trunk and slam it shut. I walk back inside, trying my best to sneak past them.

Viktor looks at me as I try to sneak, getting up and sneaking past the others, not being part of the conversation anyways.

I try to run away quickly to my room, but he catches me, grabbing onto my hand. I glare at him and drag him out onto the balcony, and we stare at the grey dull colored sky, clouds all above, coating the sky above.

"Why drag me out here?" He asks curiously. I look at him as we exchange looks.

I shrug. "I dunno, I just thought we could talk, like yesterday. That was fun, and I thought it was a very special moment." I told him. He nods and sits in the wooden rocking chair that we had.

I lean on the wall and stare off at the sky. "I know Kylie doesn't like me, because I took Yoosung away from you." He mumbles. I looked at him, not surprised.

"Well, she, and well, everyone, thought we were OTP, so I mean, eh- I think it'll take some time, maybe." I tell him. He shrugs, seeming disappointed. "P-Plus we aren't even dating! Or anything like that, so-"

"What about you and Yoosung? Can you tell me your guy's story?" He asks me genuinely.

"I used to play this game, called Mystic Messenger. I was obsessed, all I talked about was the game, and how I fell in love with Yoosung as the character. When he suddenly came into my reality, I was more than happy. He remembers what happened, and knows who I am." I stop, noticing a tear running down my cheek. "I guess I haven't really thought about how lucky I am. Though, when he left, I felt like nothing really mattered anymore. Of course, when I met you, I found my joy again. Thank you for that, Viktor. When he came back, I have already stopped playing MM, and when he talked to me, it no longer felt like the same way it did before he left. I'm hoping to find the same feeling again one day, so I can prove that I was the right person to get this chance. Just, not now. Other things are on my mind." I explained to him. I could be honest with him, tell him anything. I felt like I could trust him, with everything that I have going on even. I want to tell him about my probable crush on him, but I want to be sure it's at the right moment. "Anything about you? I want to get to know more about you." I ask him, smiling.