*I'll call you later.*

"Who are you talking to?" Brooke asks as we near the house.

"Oh, just Torey."

"I don't think I ever met Torey, did I?"

"No, I don't think you did."

We pull into the driveway and I feel instantly relieved seeing the house. It feels good to be home. I grab my stuff from the back and Brooke follows me inside. I set my stuff down in the kitchen. The house is so quiet.

"Feels like forever since I've been inside here." Brooke laughs, sitting down at the island.

"It kind of has in a way." I look around, almost in hopes to find Tyler, but I don't.

I didn't realize how much I missed him than I thought I did until I came home. I was really hoping to see him.

"Why the sad face?" Brooke looks up at me as I walk over, taking a stool next to her.

"Nothing." I sigh, resting my face in the palm of my hand.

"You miss Tyler, I know it." She smirks, copying my posture.

I laugh a little before jumping at the noise of Brooke's phone ringing.

"Oh shit, I'll be right back." She runs down the hall and I hear the front door shut.

I grab my bags and go up to my room.

As soon as I open the door, the smell of Tyler's cologne hits me like a brick wall. Obviously he didn't stay with Patrice long. The bed is perfectly made, and the room is pretty near spotless. I lay my bags down and go back downstairs. A few minutes later, Brooke comes back inside.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"Just Danny, he's having some problems." She examines her hand, breaking eye contact with me.

I'm kind of happy about it, but I'm curious as to what those problems are.

"Oh, well that's too bad. What kind of problems?"

"Friends, I guess guys on his team are getting to him."

"Oh, gotcha." I look up at her as she stares at her phone screen. She quickly stuffs it in her pocket.

"Well, I'm going to go, I've got things to do. Call or text me if you need anything." She waves as she heads out the front door.

I debate whether or not to go in town or not, I kind of just want to go for a drive. I settle on going to the mall. I grab my keys from the kitchen and head out.

As I find a parking spot and turn off my Jeep, my phone rings. It's Torey.

"Hey." I answer.

"He has a girlfriend."

"Did he say her name?" I lock doors and head into the mall.

"Brooke."

"Yup, that's my friend Brooke. I've told you about her I think."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, she moved to Michigan a little while ago, she must have met him."

"Ew, good god." I can't help but laugh.

"You're telling me. Here I am, trying to rebuild my friendship with her and there's her boyfriend trying to get me."

"That's disgusting. Yeah, a lot of the guys have found out about him trying to get you, obviously they didn't know it was you, and he's been getting hated on. It's getting so bad he's thinking about quitting."