"What's wrong with you?"

I had the urge to ask the exact same question, but I refrained myself. "Nothing."

"I'll go get your bags, Alise. Viv mind keeping her company?" Before I could answer, he had already walked out the door.

We basked in the awkward silence. She sat on the couch looking all prim and proper while I was standing with my arms crossed with most likely an annoyed expression. I was tapping my foot impatiently. I kept glancing at the door and back at her. How long does it take to fetch some bags? I narrowed my eyes. I bet he did this on purpose.

"I know you hate me."

My head moved so fast, I heard a loud crack. Aw, shit that actually hurt! I rubbed my sore neck. "W-what?"

"I said I know you hate me." She said again.

I looked at her. Like really looked at her. Then I finally said, "I don't hate you."

"But that doesn't mean I like you." I clarified.

"Okay, whatever it is you feel toward me. But I just wanted to tell you, I'm not going anywhere. You may be his "best friend" but I honestly don't care." She laughed. "He's mine. And I can see you like him as more than a friend. But you need to realize that he's moved on. He will never, ever see you as anything more than a friend."

This didn't surprise me. "I know that already." I said neutrally.

"Then stay out of my way." She bit back.

"Out of your way for what? So you can cheat on him? Use him? I know he'll never feel the same for me, but I'm not so bitter that I'd let you hurt him."

"You've already tattled on me once, and we're still together. He obviosuly favors me above you. Are you that pathetic?"

"He believes me. He just wants to see the good in you. Unfortunately, there isn't any." I wasn't even sure of the words that came out of my mouth, but I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction.

Rich came in right after I said that. "Isn't any of what?"

I had a stare off with Alise. She then looked away towards Rich. "Nothing, babe. We were just chatting." She walked up to him and pecked him on the lips."

But he wanted more. From her. When she pulled away, he gathered her closer and kissed her. Then it became a full on make out session.

"I'm just going to get the plates." I'm sure they didn't even hear me.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed three plates. I placed them on the counter and I just got lost staring at my faint reflection in the white, glass plate. I hadn't even realized that (I'd started crying till I saw the droplets hit the plate. I wiped my cheeks with my sleeve and sniffled.

I looked up at the ceiling as if God would do something to take away the pain. But all I saw was the bright light bulb wrapped in a glass shield. Why was I such a dummy? I laughed sadly at my utter stupidity. I guess some things never change. I couldn't explain it, but it was like an electric shock in my body. My heart hurt. More than I've ever experienced.

"Hey, Viv, you got those plates?"

He came through the doorway. I turned around so, I could pull myself together. You've already embarassed yourslef by crying. Suck it woman! My breathing became more even but I'm sure from his point of view, I probably looked like I was panting and taking gulps of air.

I felt his hand on my lower back. He turned me to face him and gently rubbed circles on my back. I didn't raise my head. I felt the wetness of my tears falling down my face. He said soft words of encouragement and conitnued to hold me close. I wanted this. To be able to go to him when I was sad. But I couldn't. Not after this. But for now, I would for once let myself feel like he felt the same way. Even though he didn't.