Chapter 9

Vivian's POV

Everything felt perfect. I did not want to get out from the comfort of my bed, but then I smelt food and thought better of it. As I got up and stretched my arms above my head, I saw that Steven was nowhere to be found. You have got to be kidding me. I had practically nothing on but my underwear. I got up and put on my bath robe to see if he was still even here. I looked through the living room, kitchen, and bathroom. All I found was some breakfast on the dining room table.

I sat down and before I could even start eating, I put my head in my hands and kept repeating over and over in my head that this is what I wanted. I just wanted a night where I could start anew. A night where it only mattered what I wanted, not what anyone else would want. And look where that got me.

It's not like it mattered. It felt good, really good, with Steven last night. When was the last time I had sex that felt so... earth shattering. I loved every second of it. Even if I never see him again, at least I had the memory of it. That's all that mattered. I continued to eat the waffles and fruit that was laid out on the table. Must be a parting gift. Let's hope he paid the bill.

I was in my room changing into something more appropriate. Just as I was putting on a mid-sleeve blue shirt, I saw the card sticking out of my clutch. I hastily put on my dark skinny jeans and grabbed the card.

Emilia Raymond

Fashion Executive, Vogue Magazine

(516) 777-3456 (Please don't call this number because it's made up on my part)

Holy. Shit. I think I'm going in shock. Okay, breathe. I just got got a card from the fashion executive of Vogue! I was jumping up and down in my room in pure joy. I couldn't stop smiling. This is the best day of my life. In all the 25 years of my life, I have never felt so... achieved. Appreciated. Real. I've always felt like I was just living through my life as it went, but I've never really basked in the glory. This was my calling. I just knew it.

Should I call her now? I looked at the clock and it read 10:17. Too soon maybe? No, I have to call or else I'd just be chickening out. I got my cellphone from my purse and dialed the number and waited. And waited. And waited. Okay, maybe it wasn't that long of a wait, but to me it felt like years.

"Emilia Raymond's line, how can I help you?" A pristine voice asked from the other line.

"Um, yeah. Hi this is Vivian Keeley."

"I'm sorry who?"

"I was given a card by Ms. Raymond and was told to call." It came off as more of a question.

"Please hold."

Before I could respond she had already put me on hold. Well, isn't she a sweetheart. I sat there on the couch staring at a very interesting looking wallpaper.

"Ms. Keeley?" I perked up.

"Yes?" Okay, calm. Sound professional.

"This is Emilia Raymond. I am so glad you called."

"Hi, Ms. Raymond. And thank you for giving me a chance."

"I couldn't just let talent like yours go to waste now could I? So let's talk business."

After my conversation with Ms. Raymond, I felt like I was in heaven. We met for lunch and I had brought my sketches of more evening gowns and brought photos of some of my clothing that was already being sold. Unfortunately, Ms. Raymond didn't like the looks of the casual wear I had selling at the boutique. She had said they were boring and weren't original enough. But she believes I have a chance in the high fashion world with my dress designs. She suggest I advertise my night wear instead. Of course, we made plans to actually start a spring line, but then the conversation about my living conditions came up.