[PROLOGUE] Because sometimes...

After 12345678910 years, my publisher agreed on putting this back here. And *drum rolls*JARAN!
This is the English version of The 100th Guy Who Passed By Her. I put this back most especially for my non-Filipino readers. Hope you'd enjoy this! I'm not as fluent as others in using English when writing but I just want to share this to everyone.
The Filipino version of this story is already available in your favorite bookstores for only PHP 119.75!

Kindly like my Facebook page: http://facebook.com/WriterFelipeNas
and join the Felipe Nas Circle of Readers on Facebook at http://facebook.com/groups/FNCORe

And another announcement!
KyelaMarjorene, Maisen's band, is already on Sound Cloud! Jam with them at http://soundcloud.com/kyela-marjorene or click at the external link.

Thank you Lord! Thank you everyone!
Happy reading!

********************************

PROLOGUE
Because sometimes, I want to at least try.

“86… 87… 88… 89… 90…”

They say that there is no such thing in life as luck. Everthing happens as planned. Everyone experiences the joy and remorse of life. Everyone laughs, everyone regrets, everyone suffers… everyone bleeds.

“91…92…93…”

But everything that we experience, everything that we have, will someday drift away from us. The cherished memories will burn like ashes of wooden piles that will soon be foregone by the wind. The sweet reminescences will liquefy like water that no matter how tight you grip, you cannot hold it anymore.

“94…”

The twist in every story? Everything does not disappear at once. He takes them one-by-one, in the most unpredictable and unexpected way. Until you feel like something is missing, something seems to have been forgotten… you are no longer complete.

“95…”

I’ve been living for more than two decades, and it is only now that I realized that I need this. That’s why I am here, alone, counting…

“96…”

It maybe true that chances don’t exist, that there is no such thing as fate or destiny, but I will try. I will, hoping that nothing will be lost. Even though I’m already losing it

“97… Lord! It can’t be him! He’s too young! I don’t want to be accused of child abuse, oh please. Good he’s just the 97th.”

But time will come that I will completely lose that thing. And I don’t want to regret not doing this. I don’t want to regret not being able to experience this.

“98… Ah… What is this? Lord… Why does he… look like... an alien? Are ETs true?"

A few steps more and I am close to the reality.I am not perfect; I am just like any other person who has his own flaws. And whatever it is that I will receive today, I have no right to ask for more or less.

“99… Lord! Can I just take him? He’s so hot and handsome! My… am I dreaming? Please Lord? And besides, there is only one difference… And… maybe I skipped counting one person. Lord, I’ll take him, okay? Thank you— Okay, Lord! I’m just kidding!”

Whoever it is that God will send me today, I will accept wholeheartedly. I will accept with no reluctance. I will accept as much as I accept that thing that will soon take everything away from me, even the slightest things that make me happy.

“100…”