Good Bye 'Alex Stark' (Epilogue)

A/N: This is the conclusion of "I'll Be There". I want to thank everyone that read and put up with my spottiness because they enjoyed the story. You guys are the real MVP and I hope you enjoy the final chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dad, when will I get to see mommy?" asked a three-year-old boy in a soft voice.

The sound of the young boy's voice turned Steve's attention away from the scenic view in front of him and toward the small boy.

"Soon, little man. I promise," Steve replied as he gave his son a weak smile. "Here, let me fix your tie," Steve said as he kneeled down to fix the black tie he had put on his son earlier that morning.

"No," the small boy protested. "I don't like these clothes."

Steve let out a small sigh. He knew that no child particularly enjoyed wearing formal wear, but they both had to dress themselves in black suits for the occasion. "I know you don't like it, but it's for your mom," Steve explained, hoping that mentioning Alex would make the small child more agreeable. Steve's tactic worked because as he heard his mother being mentioned, the young boy scrunched his face and nodded in agreement.

Steve smiled at his son before he asked, "Do you want to hold the rose for her?"

"Mmhmm," the small boy mumbled as he extended his arm out.

Steve handed his son the rose he had been carrying and the boy's face lit up. "Be careful with it," Steve instructed.

"Okay."

Before he could reply, the boy's attention was directed to an older female calling his name from a distance. He immediately began to run in the direction of the voice, the rose clutched tightly in his hand. He soon found a familiar looking woman that he had not seen in a while.

"Grandma!!" the small boy exclaimed as he ran into Christina's arms.

Christina squatted so that she was leveled with her grandson before she embraced him. "James," she said as she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into a hug. "How's my big boy doing?"

"I'm good. I have a rose for mommy," James replied as he showed Christina the flower meant for Alex.

"That's very sweet of you, James."

"Where's grandpa?" James asked curiously.

"He's crying about the ceremony," Christina sighed. "You know he can be such a big cry baby and a drama queen," Christina said loudly so that Tony, who was standing a bit further away from the two, could hear.

"I am not," Tony replied. "I'm just reacting the way any father would when they have to say goodbye their little girl," he explained.

"Tony," Christina began. "With that logic, you said bye to her after James was born. It's just a ceremony."

Tony said nothing as he recalled the day his grandson was born. 'Take care of him' were the last words Tony had heard Alex say to Steve before she was rushed out of the delivery room. Three years later, Tony could tell that Steve had done a phenomenal job in raising James.

"Hello, Tony," Steve greeted, breaking Tony out of his thoughts. "Are you ready for this?"

"Not really, but I'm already dressed for the occasion," Tony replied sarcastically.

"A dark suit like that looks good on you," Steve said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, at least I look good as I'm saying goodbye to Alexandria Stark," Tony sighed.