112

*13th May 2011*
Daisy POV
I lay tossing and turning under my covers. Tomorrow was my first SATS test, maths non calculator, my worst one. It also didn't help that smeone had decided to turn the heating up outside and make May a really warm month it's year. Under my bed my new phone that I'd gotten for my birthday beeped. I kicked the duvet off my legs and grabbed my phone to see a text of Katie.

Text from Katie
Hey, I'm so nervous for tomorrow I can't sleep! Xx

I took a deep breath relieved that my best friend also felt the same way as me.

Text to Katie
Me too, I'm worried and I'm not even sure why! I'm going to try and sleep now so goodnight xx

With that I turned my phone off and settled back down on my pillows. Sleep never came...

At half 2 in the morning I groaned loudly out of frustration, flipping my pillow over again to find a cool spot. It didn't help and the only thing my mind was thinking about was the fact I had a maths test in 6 hours. I'm not sure if it was out of frustration or tiredness tears ran down my cheeks, dripping off my chin as I buried my head in the pillow to muffle my sobs.

I heard footsteps on the landing and a quiet knock on my door. The door opened and I saw the shadow of dad entering my room. He sat down on my bed and ran his hand through over my hair.

"Shhh baby, it's ok!" He whispered as I sat up and wrapped my arms around his warm body.

"I'm worried dad, I'm going to fail my test." I sobbed quietly.

"No love you're not, you just need some sleep and you'll ace it."

"That's the thing I can't sleep." I sighed wiping my eyes and my sweaty hair out my face.

"Come with me then." He stood up and holding my hand pulled me so I was standing too.

As not to wake Amber we took the steps one at a time, descending into the dark kitchen. Here dad closed the door and turned the light on, dazzling me as I clamped my hand over my eyes. Rummaging around in the cupboard he pulled out a glass and filled it with water handing it to me. I smiled greatfully at him. We sat at the kitchen table in silence, dad had his head in his hands, half asleep and I felt bed as I'm pretty sure I woke him up.

"I didn't wake you up did I?" I mumbled, also now half asleep.

"No babe, I've got a song stuck in my head." He looked up at me, his hair covering one eye.

"Oh," I said simply finishing my drink and placing my empty glass in the sink before going round the table to hug dad good night.

"Night love, try get a little sleep yeah? Don't worry it'll be fine." He kissed the top of my head

"Ok, night night," I turned towards the door and climbed the stairs again back into my room that had cooled down abut now the door had been left open.

As I fell into bed my head went cloudy with tiredness and finally I fell asleep.

I was woken up by my curtains being pulled apart and light flooding my room. I blinked against the brightness and rubbed my eyes.

"Morning sweetheart," dad shook my shoulders and dragged the cover off my body causing me to sit up and roll our of bed.

"It's too early," I complained grabbing my towel and heading into the bathroom for a shower.

Half an hour later and I was easy for school, as in the front of the car nervously fiddling with the hem of my school skirt. Amber was taking me to school and senses my nerves.

"You'll be fine hun, just relax." She rested her hand on my arm as we pulled up to the school gates.

"Thanks Amber," I smiled weakly as I stepped out the car, my black converse squeaking slightly as I made my way around the side of the building to where I would wait for Katie and my other friends, Carrie and India to arrive.

Time flew as I sat in the classroom, our teacher calling out our names on the register and giving us a pep talk, trying to get us confident. All too soon I was in the hall on my own little desk, a pencil, pen, ruler, rubber and compass next to me and a bottle of water infront of me. I looked down at the paper, for some reason I'd been given the higher level paper, I didn't even think I was good at maths. The silence hung above is, engulfing us like smoke until my teacher walked to the back of the hall, wrote down the time on the clock and shouted.

"You've got one hour, you may begin!"

I hurriedly worked out the easy answers at the front of the booklet and then they began to get harder and harder. I looked up momentarily and saw Katie, her blonde head down and hand moving furiously across the paper. Suddenly she stopped working and looked up to, we made eye contact and she smiled encouragingly at me. I looked back down at my paper and managed to slow my heart rate down. In my head I could hear dad, "keep a cool head yeah? You'll be fine!"

With 8 minutes to spare I finished and went back through and checked my answers, correcting the errors I spotted.

The week was fine after that, we had our maths calculator paper the next day, mental maths test on Wednesday, English language on Thursday and English literature on Friday.

On the Friday Dad had agreed to let my friends come round for a sleepover. That all arrived and we had homemade pizza that we had made ourselves, then being the person she is Amber had bought lots of snacks and drinks for us. She set them out on the coffee table as we blew up the airbeds and arranged duvets and sleeping bags on them. I smiled as I snuggled down under my duvet, wedged between Katie and India with Carrie on the end as we stuffed our faces with popcorn, crisps and Haribo Strawberries, watching Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.

The week had been so stressful that it wasn't the usual sleepover, as in stay up 'til the early hours talking, no I'm not sure that anyone got to the point in the film where you meet Willy Wonker, we were all fast asleep.

A/N
Who's POV do you prefer, Danny, Amber or Daisy? Also I can't decide on an ending, I'm not going to tell you what will happen in each one but please pick a number 1 or 2 and a letter a or b. Thanksss. Hope you enjoyed, I'm not sure how good it is but anyway, it'll do! Love M x