Part 6 || The Struggle of Having a Psychotic Best Friend ||

Start from the beginning

"This isn't funny, April." He said to me while he nursed his shin. "I thought you were here to help me."

I scoffed, "Please, sisters before misters you bastard. Honestly, you deserve more pain than what she just gave you. Seriously, you know better than to look at another girl with Nicole by your side."

"It's not what you think!" he said indignantly. "Megan Hoover came by Roche with her skirt barely covering her ass and the boys pointed it out! It isn't my fault my eyes follow the crowd."

"You still looked at a hoe," Nicole grumbled, her anger still present yet somewhat diminished. I couldn't blame her though. Between the two schools, Megan Hoover was known as one who would spread her legs for anything male in her sight. She had a reputation and every sane female would bristle when her man looks at Megan.

"I'm sorry babe, okay? Next time, I'll make sure to spit on the ground any hoe you see."

That earned him a painful punch on the shoulder.

"Don't be gross... I overreacted, I'm sorry."

Richard grinned, an arm snaking around her waist, pulling her into a hug. He placed a kiss on her forehead and she sighed, relieved of her anger.

I clapped my hands together, dusting off the imaginary dirt on them. "Well that was another job well done. Thank you, April. We're so lucky you're our friend, April. Yes, we know we gross you out, April, we'll give you a lifetime supply of Skittles for your work."

My love for Skittles was bottomless, in fact, 'love' would be an understatement and they both knew that. Promising me an eternity of Skittles could very well render them broke.

They both looked at me with a blank look.

I grinned.

"Got to dash, free period is almost over." I ran, turning my back at the couple with the biggest smile on my face.

"April—"

"I expect the first pack of Skittles tomorrow at my dorm!" I yelled back at them before crashing into a brick wall and landing on my bum.

Pain shot up my spine and I cursed under my breath, wondering which idiot decided to build a brick wall in the middle of the streets. And then the brick wall spoke.

"Are you okay?"

I froze, my eyes travelling from the ground to the pair of worn out black converses to a dark t-shirt stretched over a well-defined body, muscles clean cut and smooth. Then I met his eyes, a chocolatey brown reminding me of nights wrapped up before a fireplace sipping hot chocolate.

"April?" the wall asked me worriedly.

My body jolted out from its trance, instinctively scooting backwards and putting as much distance as it could away from the male species which I had just collided with.

I winced, looking at the small trail of blood that emerged on the base of my palm.

"Do you need a band aid?" he asked and I frowned.

"Why? This isn't even painf—"

"I think you just... fell for me."

My eyes snapped up in a flash, catching the cheeky wink he sent my way. I rolled my eyes. "I'd rather have salt. Or better yet, pour mercury in my veins I beg of you, release me from this muscle for a brain man."

He laughed, extending a hand out.

I surprised myself by taking it.

Don't be a ghostie and tell me what you thought of it 😊 tap the vote button if you liked it cause it helps me get the story out there

You may notice something weird with the parts but a heads up if you don't follow me, i combined part 4 & 5 to become one whole part because I realised putting a cliff hanger where i did was weird.

Loves, Audrey