Part 3 || April Rose and the Order of Valerio Phoenix ||

Authors love describing beautiful humans, a character who would more than likely have no physical mare or at least, those are the books I'm used to reading anyway.

I sucked in a breath the moment I laid my eyes on him. He was beautiful in his own way, there was no doubt about that. His hair was dark, tousled. His eyes were the perfect shade of chocolate. His lips curved in the shape of a heart making him look almost feminine.

Almost

There was something that distinguished him from every other guy I've ever seen. There was something weird about the air he carried. On his face, from the edge of his right eyebrow travelling down over his sharp cheekbones, shaped almost like a lightning bolt, all the way to the corner of his lips, was a scar.

It was a faded shade of peach, a contrast against his tan skin. Beside me, even Joshua, who looked like the all American dream of a ken doll, sucked in a breath as well.

The scar looked new, just at the point of healing. When I looked closer, I could see smaller scars on his neck and hands. But that wasn't the strangest part.

What put me off was the way he smiled as if he held the sunshine in his freaking heart. He strolled into the academy as if he looked forward to it. For a moment, I was very tempted to punch him.

"Hello," the mystery guy started and I didn't miss the slight accent to his baritone voice. Even with his laid back smile and easy posture, it was obvious that he was raised in a prestigious family.

I recollected myself quickly, approaching him with the best smile I could muster. "Hi, I'm April Rose, student council president of Valentine Academy. It's a great pleasure to have you as our student."

He frowned, the smile immediately disappearing from his face as he said the words that made me freeze. "Have I seen you somewhere before?"

That's impossible, he wouldn't know, he shouldn't know.

"I bet everyone's seen our queen around," Joshua cut into the conversation and for once, I was glad he was talking. "She's the top student of Valentine and has gone to a lot of international competitions. Maybe you've seen her in an article before."

"Right," the guy said, dragging the word out. Despite his tone, his eyes held doubt. I pray for gods sake he doesn't pursue it.

"—April?"

I blinked, meeting Joshua's eyes. "It's time for the grand tour for Valerio, you ready?"

I frowned, confused.

"I guess you weren't listening," the guy chuckled, extending his hand. "My name is Valerio Phoenix, pleasure to meet you."

Right then and there, I swear my heart skipped a beat. I bit my lip, staring right into his calculating eyes and then I knew, I had to stay away from him.

S/N: Guess who finished her exams? I'M A FREE WOMAN (JK i still have pre-u in may sighs)

ANYWAYS, I wanna say thank you so much to all the new followers and also to you guys who added this story to your reading lists. You have no idea how happy that makes me feel.

Please continue to give feedback to this story, whether its too fast or not that clear or too many conversations etc

Happy 2017 guys, I'll work hard to finish this story. 

As ususal, VOTE || COMMENT || FOLLOW