Part 4 || Outside the Gates of Valentine ||

To the new readers, hello~ To old readers who are confused i decided to combine the next part with this one so what was once  Part 5 is now part of this one. Does that make sense?  A heads up just in case y'all confused 

==========

Students of Valentine aren't prohibited from leaving school compounds, in fact, it was much encouraged for the sake of the students to experience things not available in classrooms such as part time jobs (not that the students here ever need to take one up but you get the picture).

I nodded at the guard, flashing my student ID at the sensor. A low beep sounded, followed by the click of the single gate on the far right of the main gate.

"Need a ride?"

I glanced over at the black convertible parked conveniently beside me. In the driver's seat was Joshua and, no surprise, a brunette sat in the passenger's seat texting away.

I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to realize that his flashy and no doubt very expensive sports car only had two seats. Where does he expect me to sit, in the trunk?

He chuckled, tilting his head as if contemplating his options between me and the brunette. "She can leave." He said in Japanese, the brunette still had her face glued to her phone.

I laughed. "When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your car since the last time you had sex in it?"

The brunette looked up from her phone. "Babe, when was the last time you had sex in this car?"

Joshua rolled his eyes and sighed. "It doesn't matter."

"Yes it does!" the girl practically shrieked. Obviously laughing wasn't a good idea because that earned me a glare from Joshua. He wasn't serious when he mouthed profanities at me while the brunette continued screaming at him, I knew he wasn't. He didn't even blink when the girl threatened to leave his ass. To him, this was just another girl he could take out and have a little fun before he tossed her away for a new one.

I gave him a salute, leaving him behind with the brunette and walked my way to town. It was a beautiful day, a crisp cold just barely joining the gusts of wind indicating the signs of first winter. A road made red bricks led the way downhill from the academy all the way to the town, tall trees standing overhead shivering away their leaves.

A main road can't be seen for miles in this rural area making the academy and the town itself closed off from the rest of the world.

Don't get me wrong, I love the town. To me, it was the only place I could go to that made me feel 'normal'. In Valentine, people were power hungry, always anxious to rise to the top; whether it's in the Game or academics. It may be filled with rich spoiled brats but, even I have to admit, those brats are some of the world's most gifted individuals.

"Well if it isn't Miss Rose! How ya' doin today, missy?"

I looked up from my boots, giving the same old smile I would to the almost senile lady that lived at the edge of town.

Lucy, as she called herself, is the only person in the area who spoke in such a distinguishable accent.

"Good day to you, Madame." I said as I walked pass her, my feet carrying me into the atmosphere of the town. Idle chatter filled my ears, the sound of busy footsteps, children playing near the fountain, it was as if I had transcended into a completely different universe.

"There you are! April, you're late!"

"Nicole,"

I smiled at the girl who ran towards me. She wore the uniform of another school, not velvety red of Valentine, but a light blue of Roche's academy for girls. Meet my best friend, tall, curvy with lush black hair and a smile that could blind anyone. (Literally because she spent thousands on her teeth)