Chapter 1- Big news

Future note~ this book is really mainstream and I would delete it but it's kind of a trophy of something that I've worked 5 months on. If your not really into those books, you don't have to read this. Just give the first couple chapters a try! Happy Reading!

Milee xx
***********************************
Milee's P.O.V.

"What?!" I couldn't believe what I just heard.

"You heard me. Your going to stay in London with your grandmother for 3 years while your father and I get to to Africa to help kids!" My mom repeated very enthusiastically.

"Mom, you don't know how much I love you!" I practically screamed at her.

"I love you too sweetie. Ok well you go pack and come back downstairs when you're ready because I need to talk to you." She said in a more serious tone.

"K. Thanks mom" I gave her a grateful hug and ran upstairs to my bedroom closing the door behind me. My room was teal and lime green, which were my favorite colors. I had a queen sized bed, a walk in closet, and my own bathroom.

I grabbed my iphone off my bed and plugged it in to my iHome speakers.I went to music and hit shuffle and 'Nobody Compares' by One Direction came on. I loved this song by them and it's definitely on my 'most-played' list.

As for the band itself, I like. When I say that I mean that I'm not totally obsessed with them. I still really love they're music and think they are some of the sexiest guys to walk this earth.

I instantly started singing along with the lyrics as I pulled out my luggage from under my bed. I lugged it on top of my bed and hopped over to my dresser. I pulled out a lot of clothes noting that I was going to be there for 3 years. I pretty much put my whole wardrobe in the luggage. Next I made my way over to my bathroom. I stopped in front the mirror and stared at my 19 year old self.

I have olive skin, long black hair, and brown eyes. I also wear glasses. I hate wearing makeup in my house so I wasn't wearing anything.

I had on a loose, navy blue sweatshirt that said ' Fairfield High School ' in white letters. That is my old high school which I graduated from last year.

I tugged on my black sweatpants and realized that I needed to tell my best friend, Isis about this.

I stepped out of the bathroom and took my phone out my iHome and found her name in the contacts.

"Hey girl, what's up" She said. Isis was my best friend and had been ever since elementary school. She had been there for me and I her. She had darker skin, black curly hair with a reddish tint, and brown eyes. She was really pretty but didn't know it. I hated how she thought she was fat and ugly so I would slap her everytime she said that. But she wouldn't really care because my slaps didn't hurt.

"Well I have some exciting news! I'm going to be staying with my grandmother in London because my parents are going to Africa to help kids! And I am freaking!"

"OMG! No way! and I was going to wait tell you this but I'm going to uni in London!!"

I froze. Almost dropping the phone. If Isis was going to London that meant that we would be together.

" Your kidding."

" No I'm not and that means that we can be together. I was going to leave on Tuesday. When are you leaving?"she asked.

"Um I don't know but I was going to ask my mom after I finished packing." I replied.

"Ok well I'll talk to you later, bye!"

"Bye" and with that I hung up.

I went back to the bathroom to grab my toiletries and stuffed in the front zipper compartment of my luggage and made my way downstairs.

"Hey mom, you wanted to talk to me?" I asked while walking over to the living room where my mom was sitting.

She looked at me and motioned for me to sit down. I took a seat on the leather love seat facing her.

"Ok honey. Well as you know you'll be spending a lot of time in London and you need to start school again. So you will be attending this uni in London so that you can catch up on your study's." my mom said almost scared.

My jaw dropped.

"Mom you don't know how happy I am to hear this!" I said shocked.

" Honey I thought you would be sad to have to go back to school." Mom said very confused.

"Isis is also attending uni in London. I told her about how I'm going to be in London for awhile and she said that she will be attending uni in London. I was so happy that I'm going to be in London with her but now I'm freaking out that I'm going to be with her in school too!" I was way happy and I really couldn't contain my excitement.

" That's great honey! Well let me give you the travel information." She picked up 2 or 3 pieces of paper and handed them to me.

" You leave Saturday so you have 3 more days to get ready and pack. Your also going to be staying with your grandmother and she's really old and you need to know that. You also need to make sure that you take care of her. I'm sure you'll do just fine since you have a gentle touch. School starts on the 17th of August. You don't need a dorm because grand mums house is only 5 minutes away." She said and looked up at me with a smile. It looked like she was about to cry.

"Mom don't cry." I stood up and came over to her to sit beside of her. I wiped away some stray tears coming out of her eyes.

" Sweetheart it's just that your growing up so fast." She smiled up at me with a toothy smile.

"Mom I'll always be your little girl. I'm not going to grow up anytime soon." I said standing up.

"Yea I know honey. You'll always be my little princess. Well I need to pack and you need some sleep so goodnight honey." She said as she got off the couch and walked up the stairs.

A little while later I walked up to my room. I pulled my luggage off my bed and put it in the corner of my room. I made my way to my bathroom, brushed my teeth, and shrugged on some pajama shorts and a tank top.

I jumped onto my bed and pulled the duvet over me. I could not believe that this was happening to me. This was hands down the best day of my life. I was going to be in LONDON with my best friend going to uni. And best of all, no parents. Nobody to boss me around.

I'm just a normal teenage girl and I knew that this was going to change my life.

*************************************

A/N- Hi! I know this chapter is a little short but it's pretty much just a prologue.

So anyways I just want to say that this books characters are real.

I am Milee. and you pronounce that like you would say Millie. I know a lot of people are pronouncing it like Miley but it's not that.

And Isis is my best friend.

And of course One Direction is real. AND NOT GAY!!!!!

Xoxo, Milee😘