Graduation

It was another day at Bernville Prep Military school. Their motto is "Changing Youths mindset for the better."

You see, I enrolled myself into this military academy. Not because of a cheesy heartbreak or maybe because my mom is cheating on my dad. Just the fact that my life is going nowhere. You see, after my birthfather left my mom for a bus driver, my mother turned a lesbian. That's not the worst of it. I also came to the realization that I was a loser. Not the fact that I get told the same fucking thing almost every day, but because someone on this earth has to. And God has given his blessings to me.

Let me explain.

Four Years earlier....

8th Grade graduation, 2010

 I sat on the bus next to an overweight jerk on our way to Buffalo Wild wings. Its sort of school tradition to drop a boatload of us off and eat after graduation. All 16 walked into the sports restaurant and grabbed a table, next to a large window.

"I really can't believe we survived this." Yvette exclaimed. "It's not that serious." Replied the overweight jerk named Rufus. I whispered to my best friend Jhenne. "I can't believe you let me sit next to Rufus." I said bluntly. She shrugged her shoulders, "It was your choice. You cold have came over there with us." she responded browsing though the menu.  I rolled my eyes at her comment and engaged in conversation with the others.

"What high school are you planning to go to?" Questioned Summer. A wave of mummers burst throughout the table. "Like Mrs. Karlstad says, We can all sing together, but we cant talk together." Summer said with a chuckle. "Forget that hoe, that bitch failed me in music theory." Laughed Valentina with her thick Jamaican accent.

As the night went on, everyone ordered their food and met by the exit of the joint. I said my goodbyes to everyone, but wanted a few minutes with the person I truly wanted to.

Nigel

"Hey." I said simply approaching him. "Wassup?" He said revealing his silver filling. "I just wanted to exchange numbers, you know for future references." I said placing my hand behind my head nervously. "Oh no problem, Its 773-000-xxxx. Just when I was about to save his number into my phone, Jhenne pulled me to the size, knocking my phone out of my hand.

"My dads outside, you need a ride?" She asked. "What I need is a new phone." I said with an attitude examining the crack on my screen. "Sorry." She said as she shrugged her shoulders. "So do you need a ride?" I nodded and sat in the backseat of her car with Yvette. The ride was nearly silent because I always got the vibe her parents thought of me in a negative way, its nothing major though.

I was dropped off at my house and placed my leftovers into the fridge. "Mom?" I asked looking though the house. I checked the basement, and her room until I reached my brothers room. The faint yells echoed from outside the door. I placed my ear to the door and tried to make out what they were arguing about. "What kind of mother are you!" Erick spat. "One who houses, feeds, and pays for you needs Erick! What the fuck do you mean." She yelled back. "You know, your right." Erick said placing his hands up in surrender. "Your right." he repeated. "Glad you came to your senses." She responded bluntly. I backed up from the door when I heard footsteps. "Happy graduation." My mom said with a chuckle smoking her cigar." She stumbled down the stairs to the basement where she crashed for the night.

"What time is dad coming home from work?" I asked Erick. He ignored me and continued to pack a bag.

I cleared my throat and asked again this time a little louder. "What time is dad coming home from work?" He ignored me once again and I gave up.

I treaded to my room and threw myself on my bed and picked up my phone. The buzzing was constant because I was added into a group chat with a group of people I consider irrelevant.

I stripped and through on an oversized shirt with some shorts.

Click

"What the fuck was that." I said aloud.

Click

There it was again. The sound of a camera. I swiftly went to my window and looked for any signs of an intruder, but were none. I closed my window and made sure it was locked. I sat on my bed, not moving a muscle, pondering on what the noise was.

"Turn that fucking phone off! That buzzing is irritating!" Yelled Erick from the other room.

I shut my phone off and grabbed a fortune cookie from the fridge. I wasn't interested in the cookie itself, but what was inside of it. I pulled the paper out and read it aloud.

No one is who they seem to be. Lucky numbers 7, 3, 21, 33, 5