Curiosity is such a jealous arse.

“What about her?” I finally said.

Scott purses his lips as if he’s been trying not to laugh at me. I raise both of my eyebrows at him.

“Her name’s Heaven.” He butts out in a laugh.

My eyebrows crease. “Well, certainly because she looks like an angel to Me.” a very sad angel.

He snorts and I sneer at him. “Dom, you are so slow. Seriously, pick up!”

 “I’m kind of buffering right now so could you just be specific with me, that’ll be much helpful you know.”

“I am being specific with you.”

I give him a WTF look.

“Her name’s Heaven—”

“Why do you keep on saying that?”

Because her name’s Hea-ven.”

I grew tired of him so I walked out on him. He followed suit anyway like my tail.

“Let me guess,” I turn to him. “Her name’s Heaven?”

“Anna Marie Heaven.” He pronounced every word like I’m a baby learning how to talk. I stopped walking and I turned myself fully towards him.

“How did you know?”

He snickers. “Dom, I’m Scott Orson. The Scott Orson.”

I huffed at him and I shook my head in a ridiculous way.

And she goes to St. Louise’s School of Music and Arts.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“No, I’m being specific with you.”

I snort at him as he moves ahead of me. “So, aren’t you going to check Heaven or not?”

***

I found myself in the hallways of the Art department where real life Picasso paintings hang on the walls. The place is much quieter than our own hallways. Everyone seems to be at one piece and they’re BFFs with silence. The only sound that you’d hear is probably Scott’s mouth flirting with every girl he meets. He starts to turn heads and I suddenly have the impression of walking back to our building. But then this is her. This road—I mean, hallway leads to Heaven. Anna Marie Heaven.

I can’t back out now. I need to see her again. I need to know her.

Scott finally stops in front of a classroom door. He turns to me, a devil of a smile on his face. I stood frozen on my ground.

“Well, there’s your sweet paradise.” He says as he ushers me to the door.

From there, I can see her. She’s indeed here and she’s sitting there. Her eyes stay with the sun outside the window and her hair falls down her back like a dark veil just like yesterday. Her pale face rests on her hand while her teeth nip at her bottom lip.

I can’t believe it. Heaven is really here.

“She majors in Fine Arts.” Scott tells me but I almost didn’t hear him. He’s like a white noise in the background static. At least he has made himself very useful.

As if feeling that someone’s been watching her, Anna turns to my direction. Two pools of pale blue eyes stared at me like falling snowflakes. She looks at me with impaling curiosity and recognition. At that moment, I feel that tugging inside my heart once again just as warm breeze blew on my face to make it hot. Maybe she does remember me from yesterday. I smiled at her but instead, she looks away as if I wasn’t there at all. She turns back to watch the sun hit its light on the glass window.