Chapter eighteen- To Warn an Ocean

Chapter eighteen- To Warn An Ocean

"Where do we go now?" Asked Artica.

"Do you think that the Stonewings would have been brave enough to go into the Coral Kingdom?" Wondered Marble aloud, lost in thought.

"I don't know, they could have" said Scorch. The dragons were perched on a cliff they had found nearby, recovering from the lava prisons that had nearly baked them alive. A cool breeze blew in their faces, and they welcomed it.

"Do you think we should go warn them? Maybe the Stonewings haven't been there yet. Maybe they're planning on it. Or if they all ready have, then we should at least try to get them on our side, for when we take back what was stolen, right?" Marble wanted to go, she wasn't sure if the others would. She didn't want to go alone.

"And risk being captured by yet another tribe? I don't know" said Artica.

"If I were to go, would you follow me?" Marble asked.

"I would follow you anywhere" said Scorch. Marble shoved him playfully.

"Aw, thanks!" She said.

Meanwhile, Artica looked unsure. Scorch stared at her, with wide pleading eyes.

"Oh, come on, Artica! It'll be fun! And besides, Marble's right- we will need all the help we can get when we storm the Stonewing fortress!" Said Scorch enthusiastically. Artica rolled her eyes, a smile creeping across her mouth.

"Alright, I guess an adventure would be fun. But this time, let's really try NOT to get captured, right?" She said.

"Yesssssss!" Scorch looked pleased with himself.

"I think the Coral Kingdom is that way, right?" Said Marble, pointing southwest.

"Yes, but to get there, we would have to cross the Abandoned Territory" said Scorch.

"Unless we want to go through the Fire kingdom. Queen Magma probably has guards everywhere, looking out for any a Timewings flying by".

Artica looked at Marble, who shook her head. The Abandoned Territory was bad, but not as bad as the Fire kingdom. Rumour has it that the Abandoned Territory used to be the home of the ShadowWalkers; and ancient and powerful tribe. They were supposedly five times the size of a fully grown Bloodwing. They were strong and powerful. They could cause earthquakes by slamming their fists in the ground. There could split the earth down to lava, create mountains. They didn't have wings, and they didn't need them. They could literally walk through the ocean, if they wanted too. They could breath fire, ice, water, lava, plasma, even feathers, if for some reason they felt the need to smother something in feathers.

ShadowWalkers are rumoured to de extinct, but nobody knows for sure. On maps, the Abandoned Territory is always blank. No one dares explore. Usually dragons will fly around it as much as possible, but in Marble, Scorch, and Articas situation, there was no time for detours (which would lead them straight to the enemies anyways).

The Abandoned Territory was visible from their perch, as a wall of grey in the distance.

Marble was the first to take off. She prepared herself for the unknown kingdom of the ShadowWalkers, who may or may not still haunt those lands like ghosts.

Scorch and Artica followed.

The wall of grey approached rapidly. They got closer, and realized it was a thick grey fog that hung eerily in the dense air. As they soared through, miniature eddies of fog rolled off of their wingtips. The air was wet and unsettling.

After flying through the fog for about five minutes, a massive dark shape appeared in front of Marble, nearly swatting her out of the sky. More jagged spires of rock pierced the fog, Marble dodged and rolled, narrowly missing each one by a scale.