2 years later

*Edited for grammar/spelling mistakes

Zara knew something was wrong. She knew it instantly, when Bruce pulled into the Batcave. She raced down the stairs.

"Bruce what​-"

Her voice died when she saw the look in her husband's face.

"Is he-"

"Zara, go upstairs." Bruce said.

"Bruce, I want to see him."

.......

Bruce sat next to his wife, feeling guilty for the tears he saw streaming down her sleeping face. When Jason had joined the family, he watched Zara fill the mother roll Jason needed. She was the best thing that had happened.

But when Joker and Harley killed Jason, he could see the light leave her. She was there when Dick needed her. But when Dick left, it was like he took what was left of her, with him.

Deciding that it was best to wake her up, Bruce started rubbing her back.

"Zara, it's time to get up."

Slowly waking up, Zara grabbed onto Bruce. Hugging him like there was no tomorrow.

"I'm sorry, Zara. I tried. I really did." He said.

"I know Bruce."

Zara looked up at her husband, a small smile gracing her features as she placed a hand on his cheek.

"I know you tried your hardest. No one could've predicted what happened. But you need to stop beating yourself up as much as I need to stop dwelling on it. Yes, I'll miss Jason. We all will. But there's nothing we can do except remember Jason for who he was as a person. It's what he would've wanted. We have another son that needs our attention as well. Dick thinks he might not want it. But I know he does. So let's stop being so sad all the time, and be happy for once. Okay?"

Bruce looked at his wife in admiration. Watching her go through Jason's death, and Dick's departure from Gotham was hard. But here she was, trying to encourage him to stay strong.

"I love you. So much." He said, before giving Zara a kiss.

"I know."

Zara got out of bed, walking towards the bathroom. She stopped, and looked at Bruce over her shoulder.

"You coming, or what?" She asked.

The scratches and hickey's Bruce had were worn with pride later that day. If any of the share holders noticed, they never said anything. They were just glad that Bruce seemed happy for once.

Zara, in a good mood for once, got dressed and went out on the town. She caught up with a couple of friends, and even stopped by Gotham Mercy Central to spend time with some of the patients.

The people of Gotham were shocked to see her out and about. Zara had holed up in Wayne manor for so long, people thought that she wouldn't ever come out. But seeing stroll through the city proved them wrong.

Zara was standing outside a dress shop, admiring a couple of the dresses on display when Bruce called.

"How do you feel about going to a party tonight?"

"I don't know Bruce. I'm just now starting to feel like my old self. I don't want to push it."

"C'mon. We can always leave when you start feeling uncomfortable."

Zara thought about it for a bit, before giving her answer.

"Okay. I'll go. But the moment I feel uncomfortable, we're gone. Got it?"

"Yes. I have to go. I love you, okay?"

"I know. I love you too, Bruce. More than anything."

.......

"Remind me why you took this specific car?" Zara asked as they pulled up to Lex Luthor's house.

"Because it's one of my favorites."

"Uh-huh. You're just gonna show off. Like usual."

"You know you love it."

Zara rolled her eyes, and waited for Bruce to open her door. When people realized that the millionaire wasn't alone, they went nuts. They looked in awe, as the billionaire's wife got out. No one had really seen her since the battle of Metropolis. She wore a white strapless jumpsuit with semi-sweetheart neckline, and red pumps. Her raven hair was wound in semi-tight curls, and cascaded down her back.

"Poor bastards don't realize that they're at a lunatics house." Zara murmured into Bruce's ear.

"Well, that's more fun for us, isn't it?" Bruce responded, with a slight smirk on his face.

The two wore smiles on their faces, as the walked the carpet into Lex Luthor's house.

"Who're they?" A reporter asked one of his coworkers, as the couple passed them.

"That's Bruce and Zara Wayne. Though I'm surprised to see Bruce's wife."

"Why?"

"Well, Zara has rarely been seen since the death of her son Jason."

"She had a son?"

"Of sorts. Her and Bruce have adopted a couple of boys in the past. With Jason gone, she only has Dick Grayson as her son now."

The raven-haired reporter frowned slightly, in sympathy. When Mrs. Wayne looked over shoulder for one more photograph, his eyes widened. His sister was married to Bruce Wayne.