Chapter 9

I was woken up later still in the pool. Scott was the one that knocked the creature off of me, he as slammed into the mirror by it and it shattered. So Scott picked up a sharp piece to fight with, but when the creature saw its refection he cocked his head to the side before running up the ceiling and through the roof leaving us.

Derek asked me if I was okay once, that was about it. But that's about how much sympathy I expected to get from the guy, it is Derek after all. I had no idea why I fainted, I had never done that before. So now we were still in the pool discussing the encounter. I sat leaning on the diving board with Stiles sitting next to me.

"So how are we supposed to figure out what this thing is?" Scott asked Derek.

"It's called a kanima." Derek said and Stiles threw his arms up. "You knew the whole time." Derek shook his head.

"No. Only when it was confused by it's own refection." he said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "It doesn't know what it is?" I said, it coming out as more of a question. "Or who."

"What else do you know?" Stiles asked Derek who shook his head. "Just stories, rumors."

"But it's like us?" I asked my alpha. "A shape shifter, yes, but it's-it's not right. It's like a-"

Stiles interrupted. "An abomination."

Scott looked at Derek. "Derek? We need to work together on this. Maybe even tell the Argents."

My face scrunched at the bad idea. "You trust them?"

 Scott seemed to blow up at that. "Nobody trusts anyone! That's the problem. While we're here, arguing about who's on what side, there's something scarier, stronger, and faster than any of us, and it's killing people! It almost killed Erin! And we still don't know anything about it!"

Derek stood and nodded at me to follow. "I know one thing, when I find it? I'm gonna kill it!" With that he walked out. I gave Stiles a wave and thanked Scott one last time for saving me, before following my alpha.

<^-^<      >^-^>

I chewed my thumb nervously as I waited in the station. Derek said that Erica went out to retrieve Jackson, meaning he was coming back here. Derek wants to question him on if he's the kanima, since Derek did bite him but he wasn't changed.

Isaac rolled his eyes when he saw me. "Will you stop worrying? It's gonna be fine." I ignored him and shot up when the doors opened. Erica dragged Jackson in by his armm as he struggled and complained.

I slowly backed up not wanting Jackson to see me when I ran into a hard chest. I looked up to see Derek staring at me. "Nope I need you in here." he said already knowing what I was gonna do. I sighed and went down to stand next to where Isaac was sitting. Isaac got up and walked over to Jackson grabbing his other arm.

Jackson stood up and scanned all of us, his eyes stopping on me. "Erin? Your one of them?" I was about to answer when Derek interrupted ignoring his question.

"What happened to you on the night of the full moon?" he asked once he was sitting down by the train where I was currently sitting. Jacksons eyes flickered back and forward between Derek and I. He was totally freaked out I could tell, he was sweating and stuttering, yikes.

"What? Nothing. Nothing happened." he said trying to lie. He probably doesn't realize, we're werewolves and we can hear his heartbeat. It skipped a beat meaning he's lying. "Your lying" Derek said basically reading my mind. He grabbed a black glove slipping it onto his hand.

Jackson's face went into distress. "No, wait. No, wait, I can- I can prove it. I taped myself."

Isaac snorted "You taped yourself?" He said with a laugh. Isaac never really liked Jackson, even when we were dating he didn't.