B.C. #3

© 2017 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

Damen was the type of person who refused to believe in fate.

And fate seemed to make her bitchy presence known when he went to the cafe with Varian and Nikolai for a drink and clashed into a man who walked right into him.

The sound of a scoff reached his ears as soon as he made the connection that this human man was pissed as hell. 

"Watch where the fuck you're going asshat!" a woman spat.

The voice was from a distance, and his body jerked at the melody. "Well," he murmured softly, his head turning to the girl. "Who might that be?"

The sound of heels clicking against the wooden floors had him back up two steps. The girl kicked the guy that ran into him- and judging by the high pitched groan he figured her heel landed right between the guy's legs.

A swish of hair glided across his forearm; the girl had long hair. Damen sucked in a breath. He was a sucker for long hair.

"Are you okay, sir?" 

Christ. His pants seemed to tighten uncomfortably, as well as his throat. For some reason, her saying 'sir' and being so...obedient. He craved that. Needed it.

"I'm fine." he muttered quietly, tilting his head slightly. His affinity of intense hearing came in handy when needed.

He took note of her quickened breath; her short burst probably took a lot out of her, especially walking with those heels.

Varian's voice called behind him. "Damen, any time now. We have to deliver Lux's gift or Katya will kill us. I'm not too keen on dying."

Damen held back an irritable growl and simply replied with a shorthand reply. He focused on the girl in front of him, noticing that she was still standing there.

"Your name, if I may ask?" Damen took notice that his own voice had become deeper, more seductive with his heavy Russian accent. 

"Lana." the girl answered. Her huff of breath told him that she was flustered. A smile threatened to twist on his lips.

"Goodbye then, Miss Lana." he whispered softly.

"Wait!" she grabbed him by the cuffs of his suit jacket. "Sir, your drink..."

Damen did his best not to try and shove her over the tables. "Yes, what of it?"

Lana gulped, and he could almost see the image of her throat swallowing down- maybe even swallowing him down. His pants tightened inexplicably at the thought.

"I'll buy you a new one." she insisted, her voice making no room for arguments. "That man was extremely rude to bump into you and I apologize on his behalf."

Damen's eyebrows nearly shot up past his hairline. This human girl was quite pecuilar. One moment submisssive, another dominant. A switch, perhaps. Lana definitely had his interest.

Remembering that Varian was still waiting outside, he sighed heavily and extended his hand in her general direction. "Another time, then. I have an event to attend, my niece's birthday, but if I ever encounter you here again then I'll take up your offer for coffee."

The woman's hand gripped his own in a firm handshake, but he couldn't help but linger onto her hand for a little while longer. Her soft hands were like velvet, a contrast to his roughened ones. 

"Goodbye Mr...?" he could almost see her frown. "What was your name again?"

He didn't bother holding back the soft smile. "Damen Anosova."

"Well then, goodbye to you Mr.Damen. Enjoy your day." 

Their hands were about to part, but before Damen could secondguess himself, he yanked the girl closer to trap her against him.

"Meet me here, at 9:00 a.m. in the morning. I'll be the one to treat you to coffee, for defending my honor, per say."

Her chuckle was a surprise. He expected her to push him away.

"You know, for a blind person you're quite daring."

He froze internally, and that moment he knew he had to have her- just once. Not even his own sister, when reunited with him, realized that he was blind. He didn't have the blurry hazy eyes, or a cane to walk with, he was normal in appearance in every aspect. But this human girl, this Lana of his, was able to notice.

"How did you know?"

She surprised him by stepping out of his grasp after leaning up to kiss his cheek. "If you're here at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow, I'll tell you."

Her lips were smooth and plump, and he cursed himself for all the thoughts that went through his head about where her lips could be.

Instead, he parted ways with Lana and stepped out to meet Varian.

"Who was that?" Varian's tone seemed almost...smug.

"My date," he said simply. 

"Or your mate," Nikolai teased, nudging him with an arm. "Who knows, we might be like Katya and have our own mates."