"I am not falling in love with her and you aren't going to die."

She shuddered, still sobbing, and Drew held her, trying to help her tears subside. "Drew, I can't-" she whispered. "I'm so scared."

"I wish I could help you not be scared."

She nestled into the crook of his neck, letting his warmth envelope her in comfort and the smell of home. He hummed quietly under his breath, and asked, "How long have you been lying here?"

"I dunno."

"It's 10:30pm now."

"I got home last night, took off my jeans and my bra and now I'm here," she mumbled.

Drew let his hand travel down slightly, and felt the bare skin of her thigh. "Right," he breathed, feeling tingles go through his fingertips. "So you've been here since last night?"

"Yeah. Basically."

"Have you eaten?"

"Does a pack of three month old M&m's count?"

He blinked. "No."

"Then no."

"That's not good for you, let me-"

"No," she said, grabbing his hand and forcing him to stay in the bed. "I don't want anything, I've lost my appetite."

"Ellie, are you sure?"

"Of course," she said softly.

They lay there together, and Elle said, "Take off your jeans, they're scratching my legs."

"Sorry," he said, unbuttoning and pulling them off quickly, tossing them into a corner somewhere. He tangled his legs around hers, bringing his hands up to her face and kissing her gently. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

"I didn't see anyone except Hunter when I came in."

"He was with Ma, but I think she's sleeping now," she said. "Nick's been... well, he's been better. Spence and Robbie were asleep too, and they went to school today. Got back and had dinner and everything. Robin came here and taught me how to finger-knit, then she left. Spence was playing with Nita for a bit."

"What happened with Nick's family?"

"Dead," she said hollowly.

"Shit," he breathed. "The poor kid."

"He didn't talk to anyone when he got back. He kinda mumbled that he was going to his room. He hasn't come out since then either. I think Ma's been trying to talk to him, give him a meal, and he won't have it."

"This is crazy."

"You're telling me."

Drew's hand came up to her face, stroking her cheek with his thumb. "You've been through so much," he said quietly. "You've been hurt so many times. But I'm here now. It'll be okay."

She took a deep, shuddering breath, before pulling Drew closer and kissing him passionately. He didn't hesitate to respond, deepening the kiss and grabbing her leg, pulling it up to wrap around his hip. "Distract me," she breathed.

He paused, pulling away. "You mean-"

"You know damn well what I mean," she said in a low voice.

"Ellie, you're not having one of your good days," he reminded her. "You'll be in pain, I don't want that."

"Please," she whispered, but he shook his head, pulling away from her slightly.

"I'll stay the night, but-"