4 |σиɛ вɛαт, тωσ вɛαтƨ|

April 8, 10:23 A.M.

"Every word that comes out

is precious; don't waste

a single one."

I rest my head on my hands and stare out the large glass windows, uninterested in the lecture going on

I rest my head on my hands and stare out the large glass windows, uninterested in the lecture going on. One thing I'm thankful for is the view and being able to sit right beside the windows. I look back over at the clock hanging right above the board, counting each second that ticks by. Only two minutes left till we get a five minute break before the next class.

I tap my foot against the tiled floor impatiently. I don't really have much of a chance of getting to know the people in this class. But even so, I just make polite chat with most of them. But there's one person I'm particularly interested in talking with.

I draw a little star on the side of my notes, grazing my teeth against my bottom lip. He's staring at me again.

I can feel it. It's like some hot gaze is being transfixed on the back of my head. It's not really uncomfortable but...why won't he just talk to me?

"And that concludes today's lecture about making sure to place the infinitive in the right place of the sentence." Ms. Ryaku shuffles the stacks of papers neatly before walking around the room to hand them out. "Make sure to complete all of the practices for today's homework." I quickly tuck the piece of paper away in my grey plastic folder before glancing up at the clock again. The bell rings and the teacher shuffles out with her things, purse slung over her shoulder.

The room instantly bursts with chatter as some of the students get up to go talk with their friends. I stay in my seat though, pondering whether or not I should turn around and start a conversation with him. But what should I say? Do I even know his name?

I think I've heard his name being called out a few times. Katsuki...Yuuri?

I hear the chair behind me screech from being pushed back and some shuffling that follows after. Usually at this exact time he leaves to go somewhere before I can even talk to him. I let out a sad sigh and wait for him to get up and exit the door of the classroom.

A few seconds passed by...then a couple more. No signs of anyone walking out. Taking this as my chance, I immediately turn around in my chair to face him. He jumps a little and looks at me with wide eyes. I hear my name being called from across the room. I push it aside and give Yuuri a smile and scoot my chair a little closer to his desk. He continues to stare at me as if I grew two heads.

"Um..." He fidgets a little and looks over at the more crowded side of the room. "Aren't you gonna go to them? It seems they want to talk to you." He says quietly.

I shake my head. "No. I want to talk to you, Yuuri." I try out his name on my tongue, rolling it sweetly like how I would in Russian. A small blush grows across his face. He quickly looks down at the phone in his hands and adjusts the earphones in his earlobes. I notice that his phone case is a light blue with patterns of poodles dotted across it in Carolina blue. I love it. Could he be a dog person too? I have to ask one day.

"O-okay then." He timidly responds.

I giggle a little at his reaction. Out of all the people in this class, he was the only one I wasn't able to talk to. It was so easy talking to everyone else, but for some reason this feels more satisfying.

"So..." He tries to say and looks up at me. I pull away a little, realizing that I must've been staring at him. Way to go, Viktor.

"What are you listening to?" I casually asked.

"One of my favorite songs at the moment." He softly hums a little with the tune in his ears and I can't help but feel curious as to what it is.

"Would you mind if I listen to it too?"

Yuuri hesitates a little before nodding and handed me an earpiece. "Sure." I smile happily at him and placed it in my ear. After only a moment I start tapping my feet along to the beat. I must get this song. I don't know how to describe but it's kind of inspiring.

"Wow! This song is awesome!" I exclaim. I place an arm on his desk and leaned more towards him. "What's it called?"

The smile he gave me right then made something inside me flutter.

"History Maker."

"Hmm, I just can't decide which one I want to join

"Hmm, I just can't decide which one I want to join..." I continue to stare at the single slip of paper attached to the bulletin board by a green thumbtack. My eyes travel down the list of club activities. Newspaper club? Nah, that's not really my thing.

There's the art club but I'm not exactly good at drawing. Ooh, the cooking club sounds fun! But I'll probably blow up the entire room in mere minutes. I chuckle to myself as a thought entered my head.

But I know who'd want to join this club. I smile to myself as a certain angsty blonde-haired teenager entered my mind.

"Are you still trying to decide what club to sign up for?" A young girl with bright red hair walks up beside me. "It's fine if you don't know which one to sign up for. It is still only the first week."

I turn to her and give her a gentle smile. "I can't seem to decide which one would fit me though." She shyly rocks back and forth on her feet and looks up at me with delighted eyes.

"W-well, we could really use someone like you in the Yearbook club! You must have a lot of experience in photography, Viktor-senpai."

"Well not quite in photography itself but I can always help with the angle of the shots and poses of the photos," I say.

"That's great! It'd be an honor. Please consider joining when you have time." She bows down in front of me with a grateful smile on her face. I wave my hands at the gesture. No need for her to bow.

At that moment, a person walks swiftly past us to the lockers where our shoes are held. I squint at the figure moving quickly towards the locker bays. Oh, it's him!

Without any hesitation, I rush to catch up with him. As if my body was acting on its own, I grab onto his wrist. It was as if time decided to slow down momentarily. The boy turns slowly to look at me.

I don't remember what I said at that moment.

All I know is that his face lit up in a way that made my heart skip another beat.

Виктор Никифоров
ᴠɪᴋᴛᴏʀ ɴɪᴋɪғᴏʀᴏᴠ