Chapter Three~

"Oh no.." Zane muttered, gripping onto Travis's arm. "What?" Travis asked. "They've already found me.." Zane said. "Who?" Travis asked. "The other Shadow Knights from the nether.. How in the world did they find me?" Zane asked.

There were yet another two, loud knocks on the door. "Open up!" The voice from the other side of the door turning harsh. Zane was shaking at this point. "I-I need to go.. If they see you here with me they'll kill you as well." Zane said.

"Wait, if you're leaving please let me go with you." Travis said. "Travis it's too much of a risk." Zane said. "I don't care I just want to be with you." Travis said, his voice cracking slightly.

There was an awkward silence between the two before Travis gasped. I have an idea! A stupid idea but it may work!" He exclaimed. "What?" Zane asked. "Come with me.." Travis whispered. "And keep your voice down." He whispered before taking Zane by the hand.

He led him to a closet and opened the door. "A closet? Are you crazy?" Zane whispered. "Shh." Travis hissed as he waved his hand over the blank wall.

As soon as he did a doorway opened up revealing a ladder leading up. "How in the world-"

"Magicks.." Travis said, literally picking Zane up and putting him on the ladder. "Climb up, quickly." He said. Zane only nodded and started to climb, Travis following close behind him, pausing to close the secret door.

When he got to the top of the ladder, Travis saw Zane already sitting on the floor of the secret attic, legs up to his chest and his face in his knees.

Travis crawled behind him and pulled Zane into his arms, wrapping them protectively around Zane.

They both quietly waited until there was a loud crash from downstairs, which caused Zane to jump and hide his face in Travis's chest.

"Check everywhere in here.. We need that fragment." One of the Shadow Knights said. Travis peered down a small crack in the floor, showing two, what he presumed to be men, in all red in black armor like Zane's but their faces were hidden by helms.

They checked everything, shoving over bookcases and rummaging through cabinets. "He's not here!" One of them yelled. "But I can sense his aura.. Plus another one.. But where is he?!" The other yelled.

"This has to be a trick.. Come on we'll check the nearby village.. And remember, there is no penalty for killing.." The other said before the two ran out.

"Zane.." Travis whispered, holding onto Zane tighter. "They're gone.." He said.

Zane looked up at Travis, his visible blue eye shimmering with tears. "Th-Thank you.." He whimpered.

"It's no problem Zane.. I'll always protect you.." Travis whispered before softly kissing Zane on the lips.