Kneeling down in front of him, I frowned while seeing his confused face. "Is everything okay Wes?"

"I can't do this Noah." He then stood up and stood in front of the window.

"Do what?" I asked while looking up at him, still kneeling on the floor.

"I can't get close to someone again."

I watched as he slowly turned around, glancing down at me for a second before looking away. "Did something happen?"

"It doesn't matter," he muttered as his hands started to ball into fists.

"Clearly it does," I said while getting up and standing in front of him. "Look, I'm sorry if I was ever too forward. I... I'm not trying to get into your pants if that's what you think. I just wanted to be your friend. I'm sorry if I was being too pushy, but everyone needs friends."

He sighed, looking into my eyes. "You don't get it Noah."

"Then explain it to me! I want to help Wes."

"No."

Frowning, I held the cookies closer to my chest while seeing him look away. "Trust me, you will be way better off without me in your life."

Before I could respond, I felt a stupid tear run down my cheek. Wes noticed and started to say something, but stopped when I wiped the tear away. I had no reason to be crying, I wasn't even friends with the man in front of me. But for some reason, I felt like I was always being drawn to him. And having him basically say he didn't want me in his life was... too much.

As I was about to respond, my phone was suddenly ringing from my pocket. Grabbing it, I frowned when I saw my mom calling me. "Mom?" I asked while holding the phone up to my ear.

"Hello dear. I'm just calling to let you know your dad took a spill earlier. He wouldn't listen to me when I told him the ground was too soft for a ladder."

"Don't blame the ground!" My dad's voice said from the background, making my mom start to talk to him.

"Mom. Mom! Is he okay? Is he at the hospital?"

I started running my hand through my hair, nervously starting to pace. "He's fine honey bear. He is at the hospital, in case you wanted to drop on by."

"I'll be there soon."

"Don't make it sound like I'm dying!" My dad's voice said fro the background.

I rolled my eyes when they started talking again. "Okay Mom, I'll be there in a little bit."

With that I hung up, nervously biting my bottom lip. "Is everything okay?" Wes asked, making me look up at him.

"Uh yeah, I think. It sounds like my dad fell off of a ladder. He's at the hospital, I have to go. Shit," I said as I started walking to the door.

"What?"

"I forgot Archie went to visit a friend. Maybe I can call a cab," I said while digging my phone back out.

"I can take you."

Looking up at him, I raised my eyebrows before shaking my head. "I won't bother you anymore."

With that I started to walk out of the room, before Wes stood in front of my body. "I... just let me drive you."

Instead of saying anything else, I nodded while following him outside. Once we were on the road, I told him what hospital my parents go to before looking out the window. The car ride was filled with silence, except for the random songs on the radio. Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to this. God what is wrong with me?