She glanced down at her lap twiddling her fingers when her phone vibrated. Turning it over, she waited until it stopped and went back to soaking in despair.

Her phone rang again and she mindlessly tapped a button. When she tried to stuff it back into her bag, she scolded herself, when she saw that she had accepted the call.

"Hi Piper," Avianna ran a hand through her hair, snagging a fingernail on an unruly knot.

"What's wrong? Did the airline run out of peanuts again?" Piper simpered.

"No, Pipes," Avianna dismissed Piper's cringeworthy humour. "I just got into a fight with my seatmate--"

"Am I hearing correctly? My sister, Avianna Moorson made a friend?"

"Very funny. But I'll have you know I do have friends." Avianna argued.

"Whatever. Now what's this about a seatmate? Is she nice?"

"Piper!"

"What? Maybe this girl has better fashion sense than you. Maybe I can actually take her shopping. Now that I think about it, maybe I need one of those," Piper tapped a pen on her desk, ideas rushing to her brain." Does she have any siblings?"

"Piper!"

"I'm just kidding. Okay fine, tell me about your situation. What did she do? Who do I need to strangle?"

"Nothing like that, I guess not yet, " Avianna trailed off. "Furthermore it's a boy."

Avianna held the phone away from her ear fearing that Piper's squealing would destroy her eardrums. "Any day now..."

Piper answered with another squeal and then a barrage of twenty questions.

"Is he cute? No don't answer that. Of course he is. What's his name? Where does he live? Is he beside you right now? Tell him I said hi. Do you like hi--"

"Piper!"

"Sorry. Continue on."

"His name is Logan. "

"Mysterious."

Avianna narrowed her eyes. "That's a pretty accurate description. I don't know the first thing about him. First he was annoying-- he kinda still is, but he's less annoying now, do you get what I mean?" Avianna sputtered, spewing out everything and anything. She was so confused about this whole situation. She also didn't know when she'd be able to talk to Piper again in the next 16 hours, so she had to talk fast.

"I don't have feelings for him. He's more of a friend (if I can even call him that) and I'm okay with that," she lied.

Avianna had finally come across a person, as annoying as he was, that saw her and not her sister. She was always in her sister's shadow and even though it took almost being 45,000 feet in the air to finally get out from under it, she was thankful that it happened nonetheless. So now when he had brushed her off, it felt like a slap in the face.

"I mean he's good looking. If looks could kill, I'd be dead twice over."

"He's that gorgeous?" Piper asked.

"Yes. But his personality isn't. Sure, above the surface but underneath all of that beauty, it's a guessing game. He just yelled at me for goodness sakes and I was just trying to be helpful."

"Avianna, I say this with as much love as possible but was there a chance even a little bit that you could be annoying?"

"Piper, whose side are you on?"

"Forever and always yours, alright Av?"

"So what should I do?"

"Ignore him. Simple as that. Give him a taste of his own medicine."