Chapter 3- Bubbles, Bottles, and Beagles

Angela's P.O.V

"Angela, have you seen your brother? I gave him his bath and then he ran out on me", my mom asked me as she saw me bound down the steps to watch t.v. Like evey typical little brother, Charlie couldn't stand baths. So he tried to jump whenever he got the chance.

I looked around and saw bubbles and water leading to the kitchen table. I pointed to the kitchen and mom worded thanks gettig ready to grab him with a towel. She carefully lifted up the tablecloth and a tiny mountain of bubbles zoomed out, practically crawling up the stairs.

"Come on Charlie, you need to dry off and put your pjs on, so you can go to sleep", she said trying to dry the steps of the water spills.

"I don't wanna! Why does Angie gets to stay up? That's not fair", he said as he poked his head around the wall peering down the steps at me. My mom sighed and grabbed him drying the remainder of him off.

"Come one, buddy it's past your bedtime, you're lucky I let you stay up this long already", my mom said taking him to bed. A couple minutes later she came out with the towel.

"Night Angela, not too late tonight", she said as she closed the door to her bedroom.

"K, night", I yelled. I turned off the TV and went upstairs to get a shower.

After I got out of the shower, I went into my room and placed out my clothes for the next morning. I got out my zebra blouse with my skinny blue jeans. After that, I sat down at my computer and searched "super tanning". There was more than a million results so I gave up on that. So I went to Wikipedia and typed it in and of course there were tons of results again.

"This is going to take forever, I can't do this anymore", I s aid while shutting off the computer and heading to bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow, the doorbell rang. I went downstairs and opened the door and there was Sidney leaning against the door frame, crying and holding a broken wine bottle.

Sydney's P.O.V

Oh my god, no wonder people constantly drink, it's exhilarating!

"Oh my god Sydney, what happened?! Are you okay?", Angela shouted at me while shaking my body. Oh my gosh, why is she so worried, I seriously doubt she's never been like this. Oh yeah, little miss perfect plays by the rules. I am SO going to change that about her.

"I'm...fi....ne", I barely got out as I slowly slid down the door to the floor. I felt like my whole body was like five hundred pounds. Thankfully, Angela was quick enough to grab me and help me over to her couch. Wow, she has a really big T.V. Haven't I been here before? Oh great now she looks like she's going to cry, I better pay attention.

"Sydney, what's wrong? Where were you and why do you have that bottle?", as she took the bottle from me and went outside, I'm guessing to throw it away. All of a sudden, a little beagle puppy walks in from her back door. As a typical dog, it goes to a lot of stuff on the floor and just takes a whiff of it. As soon as it smells a sock on the floor, it shakes it's little head and looks at me.

Angela's P.O.V

"Sorry that took so long, my neighbor was talking to me and he wouldn't want to shut up", I said as I closed the porch door and turned the outside light out. I started walking over to the couch but I froze when I saw a brown puppy walk past the coffee table. I started walking over to it and picked it up.

"Don't hurt it!", Sidney says now more sober.

"I wasn't going to I was just going to put it back outside, and see if anyone was looking for it", I explained.

"Well, you don't have to do that cause I can look after it, it doesn't have a collar so it's all good", she said.

"What would your mom say...? Hey, you never even told me what happened before", Angela said as she carried the dog over to me and placed her on my lap. It started licking my face and just sat down right next to me.

"Well, after school I took my time getting home, but it was pretty late when I got there so my mom was really pissed off because she didn't know where I was and she expected me to be home earlier. So we got into a big fight. She drove off in her car and I didn't know she would be back, so I opened a bottle of wine from the cellar, and started drinking and she came back right as soon as I finished it", I started to sit up and Angela put some pillows and blankets behind me.

"I was yelling and shouting about her giving me crap about not having sense and stuff like that. I was swinging my arms around while doing this, and I was so out of it that I didn't realize that I hit her in the head... with the bottle".

"Oh my god, is she alright? Did you call someone? Why the heck would you do that?! It could've killed her!", Angela freaked.

"Yeah, okay! No,I didn't call anybody. I know that now, but I didn't know what to do at the time so I came over he..."

"YOU DROVE HERE?", Angela freaked while cutting me off. The dog poked it's head up and perked its ears looking at her.

"No, I walked. It's like a block, calm down", I said.

"Okay well that's a relief. But what are you going to do about your mom?"

"That's something I'll have to deal with in the morning", I said.

"So I'm guessing you're staying the night", Angela asked.

"You want me to go back there? After what I just told you? My mom probably woke up, realized I was gone and called the police", I explained.

"I guess you can stay the night but you'll have to leave early, because you would not want my mom to start asking questions". Angela threw a bunch of pillows and blankets at me and headed upstairs.

"I better not find any yellow spots on that couch tomorrow, Sydney. Also, make sure that the dog goes outside".

"Haha, very funny", I sarcastically laughed. I put a blanket around the dog and fell asleep on the big heap of pillows.

Thank you so much to people who have read and will read my story. I promise that it is going somewhere and it will someday end. I'm on vacation at my grandparents house so I'm trying to update as much as I can, because I have lots of spare time. So I'm fixing this story and writing new chapters every week. When I get home in a couple weeks, I'll be able to write every day then. Thanks for the votes and please, keep on reading, it's going somewhere soon.  ~HLeeR~