So that takes me back to square one all over again; completing the vicious cycle that I've been through an infinite number of times almost all night.

I drop my head in my hands and scream silently. This isn't fair. How am I supposed to choose?

Maybe you don't have to. A quiet, reassuring voice speaks up in my mind, their achingly familiar voice warming me up from the inside like a hot coffee on a cold winter day. What have you always done when you are scared and uncertain of what to do?

I still, my mind racing to connect the dots. A realisation with startling clarity hits me like a bolt of lightning, and suddenly I know what I have to do.

But first, there are a few certain people I need to say goodbye to.

I jump out of bed and race over to Jasmine. She's still sound asleep, snoring softly with her arm thrown over her eyes and completely oblivious to my tiny meltdown. I hiss loudly in her ear. "Wake up."

She doesn't respond, but from the way she rolls away and very purposefully sticks her shoulder up in the air in front of my face, I know she heard me.

I try again. "Jas. Wake up."

"I will break your face if you speak again." She grumbles, her voice coming out muffled by the pillow. She pulls the covers up over her head and completely disappears from my sight. "Go away Ellie."

"I can't."

"Why the hell not?"

"Because you need to wake up." I insist, poking her shoulder to emphasize my point.

Her foot appears out from under the covers and kicks me away. "I am tired and I am hungover. So no, I don't need to wake up. I need to die in peace."

"Jas, I hate to break it to you, but if you are replying to me you are already awake."

She starts snoring obnoxiously loudly as if to prove my point wrong.

I roll my eyes in exasperation and give up on trying to wake her up nicely.

"Sorry Jas." I mutter under my breath, before fashioning a small ball out of my power and throwing it at her. It smashes into her back with such force that it blasts her covers off her and throws them over to her window seat. Jasmine yelps, instinctively curling her petite body up into a tight ball.

"What the hell Ellie?!" She wails.

"Wake up." I repeat, poking her shoulder. She groans loudly and rolls over to glare at me through her thick mane of blonde curls.

"What is wrong with you?!"

"Absolutely nothing." I blink at her innocently, tilting my head to the side. "What is wrong with you?"

"You." She retorts, her glare intensifying. "Now go away and let me hate myself in peace."

The corners of my lips twitch up into a smile. "Is this what a hangover looks like?"

Jasmine throws her pillow at me.

I duck to the side and watch it land on on my bed. I look back at her and raise my eyebrows at her. "Are you quite finished?"

"No. But I don't have enough energy to throw something else at you." She lets out a long breath, blowing a couple of strands of her hair out of her face, and gestures me forward. "Come closer so I can kick you."

"Okay." I throw on my invisibility and walk right over to her.

"Ellie!"

"Okay, I'm sorry." I chuckle, popping back into her view.