Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

Rihan walks closer to stand besides Armaan, facing the side of his face, who is still staring outside the window.

Rihan retorts, "Still that woman didn't bother you nor became a liability on your head. She made herself a paying guest in your home and is living her life without making you feel her presence in your life. Then why are you so angry for? This is just a land!"

Armaan doesn't say a word as his thoughts go back to Kavya's words -

"I don't need anything from you, I will live my life on my own. You needed your rights in the company, which you got. You don't believe in this marriage and don't consider me as your wife.....That's fine by me. I promise, I will never ask or expect you to fulfil any duty of a husband. You are just my landlord and we will have a professional relation, where we have to fulfil the terms of the agreement of my stay in your home. Other than that, there is nothing, just nothing between us."

Rihan demands, grabbing his attention, "Will you answer me."

Armaan turns to face him in frustration and yells, "I don't know."

He doesn't wait for Rihan to reply and makes his way towards the door. He walks out, leaving a confused, yet worried Rihan behind.

Kavya's Room, Armaan's Mansion

Kavya enters her room after having dinner to sleep and shuts the door. She turns on the lights of her room, while making her way towards the bed.

But stops, seeing Armaan sitting on her bed with a furious look.

Kavya raises her eyebrows and asks, "May I help you?"

Armaan stands to walk towards her without breaking the eye contact and takes a hold of her arm to pull her closer.

Kavya begins, "What are you-"

Armaan places his finger on her lips and whispers, "Sshhh."

Kavya stares into his eyes as he moves his finger to draw random circles on her cheek, making her smirk at the memory.

She pushes his hand away and teases, "My innocent landlord is here to cry?"

Armaan accuses, "That wasn't a fair game, Kavya."

Kavya chuckles, walks past him to place her mobile on the table and corrects him, "It wasn't a game for me, to be honest. I was just testing your theory."

Armaan turns to face her with a frown and she clarifies his doubt, "You said you didn't have any experience with the girls."

She walks closer and teases him, "And I must say, your innocence amazed me."

Armaan glares at her and Kavya stands in front of him to ask, "Now you have come to throw next challenge or-"

He interrupts with a threat, "Back off before I even create hurdles for the NGO's other projects."

Kavya opens her mouth to warn, but Armaan interrupts by showing a photo, which shows a bulldozer near an under construction building.

She frowns in confusion at the photo and he informs, "Future old age home of the Helping Hand NGO."

Kavya stares at him and he corrects himself, "Wait, should I say history?"

She glares at him and he continues, "Because if you didn't give me the land within 2 days, then I will crush the building under the bulldozer."