Chapter 7

"Hello Slave," the words startled me awake. Except I wasn't awake, a small part of me was aware of that.

"Where am I?" I asked into the darkness.

As if knowing my thoughts, which I then realized he did, Master Jake's voice replied, "You're dreaming if that's what you're asking."

"Why can I not see you?" I continued my line of questioning.

"Because I do not wish for you to see me," he replied again.

I decided to push my luck with one more question, but I was stopped before I could begin.

"Enough questions!" Master Jake's voice boomed, "We have things to talk about."

I didn't need to ask what those things were, I knew very well of what he wanted to speak about.

"As you know, Slave, I do not appreciate disobedience," he continued, "And likewise, I do not appreciate being hit."

I cringed at the memory. I had been so reckless and for no good reason. I had instantly regretted my decision.

"In most cases I would have to punish you," Master Jake went on, "But as I have decided not to, we must come up with another way to prevent these happenings again."

"It will not happen again," my voice was stronger than I had expected, but I could still hear the terror behind it and I was sure Master Jake could too.

"I'm sure it won't happen again," Master Jake said, "But alas, I must be cautious with these things."

"I understand," my shoulders sagged.

Suddenly, Master Jake materialized in front of me. I held my breath, expecting the worst.

"We will discuss this later," Master Jake knelt down to me, one hand brushing away tears I had not realized were there, "I do so like you," his voice was soft and caring, so far from the usual coldness I had expected.

"I-"

And it was over as fast as it started.

I jolted upright and put my head in my hands. It had all seemed so real for a dream, but it couldn't have been anything else, Master Jake had said so himself.

Except he didn't say that, I had dreamt it. My head was swimming trying to sort out truth from lies. It was all too much for me. I shut my eyes and took deep calming breaths. Everything was a dream, I had to forget and move on.

A gentle tap at the door had me on my feet.

"Angel? Harmony said you were sick," It was Magdalene, closely followed by Melody and Lidia. They all had questioning looks and I knew I was in for some interrogation.

"Care to explain?" Melody prodded.

"I was feeling under the weather and Harmony told Master Jake I was sick so I could rest for today," I stated simply.

"You honestly expect us to believe that?" Melody said stubbornly, "We're not stupid, Angel. We know something's up."

"Alright," I sighed, " I am avoiding Master Jake."

"Well we knew that," Melody said, "He's been acting all pouty all day, more than usual."

"Melody," Magdalene warned, "She's obviously tired. If she doesn't want to talk about it, we aren't going to force her."

"Thank you, Magdalene," I gave her a thankful smile, "But you have the right to know. You are the ones suffering from my actions, the least I can do is tell you what those actions were."

"So spill it then," Melody prompted in her usual manner.

I took a deep breath, "Master Jake caught me talking to another slave."

"He caught you talking to another slave?" Magdalene asked in shock.

"And here I thought you were perfect or something," Melody joined.

"And then he caught me eaves dropping," I continued.

The three girls were sitting in silence now, eyes wide.

"And then I slapped him."

"How are you not dead?" Melody asked, amazed, "Are you Jesus?"

"I wouldn't put it like that, but if one of us were to do something like that, we'd be punished for sure," Magdalene added.

Lidia nodded in agreement, but continued to be silent.

"He said he'd rather watch me suffer than kill me," I added, my stomach turning.

"Damn," Melody shook her head, "That's some intense shit right there."

"Melody!" Magdalene scolded.

"Okay, okay," Melody sighed, "That's some intense 'stuff'."

Magdalene rolled her eyes before turning her attention back to me, "I hate to say this, Angel, but you can't hide from him forever. Master Jake will find you eventually, wether you want him to or not."

"I am aware," I sat on my bed helpless to my own situation. There was nothing I could do to stop Master Jake, especially not after what I had done. I could only hide in this room for so long until he came after me.

"Well someone's going to have to tell Master Jake," Melody stated with as much sympathy as she could muster.

"Just let me be for today," I pleaded, "Just one day, please."

"Alright," Melody agreed, "Only for today. You'll be back working tomorrow though, right?"

I nodded, "Of course."

Melody sighed, "Okay guys, let's get back to work."

* * *

"Angel," Harmony said softly, "Melody told me what happened. Are you okay?"

"I suppose I am," I sighed, "I just don't know what to make of all this."

"Neither can I," Harmony admitted, "What are you going to do?"

"What else can I do?" I sighed, "I'm going to have to face Master Jake some time."

Harmony put her hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry, Angel."

"Thank you," I managed to give her a smile.

Harmony gave me a small smile in return, unsure of what to say.

"You must be tired," realization hit me. The girls had been sharing my work amongst themselves all day, "You should rest!"

"It's fine, really," she assured me, "I just want to make sure you're alright."

"I am," I stood up, "Now rest."

"Thank you," Harmony smiled one last time.

"No problem at all."

I waited until Harmony was asleep before letting out my sobs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eh? I'm not 100% on the ending, but it's good I guess.

I feel bad that it took so long but I've been a little preoccupied with school and another story I'm writing and LUKE FREAKING HEMMINGS FOLLOWED ME ON TWITTER!!!!! (If you don't know him look him up bc I love him more than life)

Anywho sorry again and hope you like the update :-)

VOTE and COMMENT!!!!!