The Secret Life of a Fangirl

Locked up in her room, door shut, locking out everything else.

This, this is all that mattered in the moment.

She layed on her plush bed, her fuzzy blankets engulfing her and the laptop atop of her chest.

She hit the play button and a small smile graced her lips, and a warm sensation pooled in her stomach.

Words flowed out of her mouth to match the tune, lyrics filled in the empty spots in her brain, a picture etched into the back of her mind, slowly but surely filling in all the missing pieces.

Slowly, oh so very slowly, she became what other would call obsessive but many know as being in love. Her new family filled her screen.

Interview after interview.
Picture after picture.
Lyric after lyric.
Reference after reference.

She fell deep into the abyss but she didn't really mind.

People told her she's too obsessed, but she didn't care.

Others opinions didn't matter to her because she knew her new family would always be there for her.

With one last click, all of her money was gone, but the void was filled with a new shirt. She wore the shirt proudly, letting everyone know who she was. She wore it to school,the store, her best friends house, and last in her room.

Flopping back onto her bed, under the pile of gray blankets she sat, ready to do it again.

She played more interviews, leaning everything she possibly could. She looked at more pictures, remembering every little detail, every little curve and imperfection. She laughed at every reference that came her way whether she understood it or not. Lastly, she listened to the music. It flowed through her ears and out her mouth. Her head banging to the beat to her best ability while laying down. The lyrics coursed through her vains, hitting her right in the feels. She truly felt happy, a feeling only her families could bring- and not the ones she was born into.

The page was now complete. Every lyric was filled into their correct place. Every note they sang so perfectly, every time the pitch changed, every time their voices cracked, she memorized it all. The picture was etched, sketched, drawn, and colored, hanging in the back of her mind.

On her bed she sat watching all of the new interviews, learning their new songs, watching each and every music video, not once getting bored.

Lots of people would say she's insane, or that theirs something wrong with her and although those are very possibly true, millions of girls across the world know what's really happening.

Almost every fangirl know what it's like to join a new fandom.

Soon the day came, the day she's been waiting for as long as she can remember. A scream filled the air- but it was a happy one for sure. In her pale hands sat two thick pieces of paper. Her smile has yet to flicker as she posed in every way she could think of while holding the paper over her new shirt.

A month- although it felt much longer- finally past and boy was she ready. Decked out in head to toe in her merch not even worrying about a jacket because she knew she could get a new one at the merchandise stand. She stepped out of the car, her smile still hasn't faded, not even a tad.

She screamed the lyrics and jumped to the beat. Normally people would give her weird stares, but at this event, surrounded by her family, she was accepted. Her phone was full of picture with her family and videos of her babies, but she couldn't part with any of them.

Days later, her instagram feed was flowing with videos and pictures similar to her own. She felt a warm feeling at the bottom of her stomach again, but for a different reason. This was not a happy feeling, it was more of a homesick feeling. Yes, she was laying in the bed of the house she lived in, but she was missing her family that filled her feed instead of her home. Her smile barely flickered however because she knew that her family was still their for her whether they were phiscally there or not.

Years passed and not once has she become bored with their sound, nor has her smile faded. Every song released joined the picture in the back of her mind. Every new interview only added to the information she already had. Each and every reference made her giggle with glee.

Her wallet was empty, but her closet was full. Yet out of all the merchandise she owned, when faced with the decision, she still picked that shirt.

Finally the day fangirls all over the world dreaded came. All across the world, the news spread like fire.

She sat in her car, driving down the high way, unaware of the bomb about to dropped on her. She turned to her favorite news channel, not even close to prepared for what she was about to hear.

After years and years of keeping a bright white smile etched onto her face in finally broke. Her smile diminished into a deep frown as sobs racked her body. She was hurt, devestated, broken. Tears poured though her eyes and her vision became blurry, but that wasn't that important to her at the moment. Years of obsessing all poured down the drain. All of those nights dedicated them suddenly seemed useless. All of the merchandise bulging out of her dressers somehow became useless. Suddenly, even she felt as she had no purpose. What was she supposed to do now? She wasn't really sure, but that didn't matter much now.

As she was trying to wrap her head around these thoughts, she didn't even realize that her foot was pressing hard onto the gas yet her eyes were focused elsewhere.

A bright light finally caught her eye and she looked over, but it was too late. The truck collided with her small car. Shards of glass flew off into every direction, sinking into her skin. A fire flared through the car, burning her skin.

"Love you fam." She whispered as small smile formed over her tear soaked face.
_____________________
Yeah... that got dark

So I might make this into a real story that has nothing to do with this, this is just a bonus thing, but that's if I can think of a good plot

Ilysssssm- Lizzy