Chapter Twenty Five.

Start from the beginning

"So....you're firing me?"

"I'm sorry, if you leave quietly and without the help of security we'll still release your last pay."

He glanced at the tall, threatening look man behind Madison obviously he was the security she was referring too.

"I'll...I'll cooperate," He agreed.

"I really am sorry Alex, but you did it to yourself."

He couldn't argue with her, she was right. She may have the wrong reason, the wrong idea about him but he had been drinking again and he was having an affair with a student. He gave a small nod and stood, noticing the way the security guard tensed.

"Thank you for this opportunity," He said.

"I'm sorry."

"I'll escort you to get your things, sir." the man said, speaking for the first time.

Alex gave another short nod but didn't feel a reason to reply.

..........................................................................................................................................

Belle was standing at her locker, putting her science books away and digging for her math book when she heard the hum of school chatter stop. The hallway fell silent, even Missy and her friends two lockers down stopped their needless chatter.

Belle turned to see what had caused the commotion or lack there of and her math book slid from her hands landing on the floor, echoing in the silent hall.

Alex was walking down the hallway, carrying a cardboard box full of his things and a large man walking behind him.

He glanced at her and on reflex she took a step towards him, sensing her thought he shook his head just a slight motion. Enough nobody could see it but her, gripping the door of her locker she kept eye contact with him until he was completely passed. Missy and the other students began to murmur once he was out the door but Belle stood frozen, silent.

"He totally made a pass at me," Missy said.

"What a sleeze," One of her friends chimed in.

"What did you do?" Another asked.

"I mean...I had to tell, what if he did it to someone else?" Missy asked faking a wide eyed innocence.

Belle glanced at Missy and her stuck up friends, they were all giving her sympathetic pats on the shoulder and comforting hugs. When they were gone Missy turned to her locker, Belle waited for her friends to leave before storming down the hall.

Just as Missy turned around from the locker with her books Belle knocked them from her hands and onto the floor, papers scattering.

"You stupid girl!" Missy cried.

"Shut up! How dare you! How dare you lie about Al.....Mr. Reynolds!"

"Oh, that's what this is about. Relax under dog I left your name out of it."

"I don't care about my name! You're a liar and you're a slut, all you've got going for you is your fake hair and over done make up, it ten years Missy nobody will give a shit about you!"

Belle turned to walk away when Missy shoved her from behind, knocking her off balance but not entirely down. Belle spun.

"And you're white trash Belle, you can't compete with me and trust me....if I can't have him...no one can."

Belle swung first, later when asked she had no way to deny it. She swung first and landed the only punch she need to throw, knocking Missy off her feet and to the floor blood pouring from her nose.

She realized an instant later what she'd done and Belle began backing away.

"Missy....I....I'm sorry....I...."

Missy lunged from the floor tackling Belle onto the cheap tile, the two began to scramble for control and between the punches thrown and the ones received Belle could hear the students chanting for a fight.

The fight only lasted a few minutes but when the teachers pulled the scrabbling girls apart they were both sore and bruised. Missy was the only one bleeding however.

Twenty minutes later they both sat in front of the principals desk, Belle stared at her shoes ashamed of her own behavior while Missy texted on her phone.

"Belle, we don't expect this kind of behavior from you."

"I know, I'm sorry," Belle said softly.

"Your stepmother is on her way, you'll be suspended for the rest of the week."

"Yes ma'am."

"Missy, this isn't the first fight you've gotten into, however the fact that you were recently involved with a teacher makes me want to lean in your favor and call it insanity." Madison said.

"Yeah, whatever, can I like go?" Missy asked.

"Oh, yes definitely. You can go home, your dad is waiting outside."

"No...wait, I have cheerleading practice," Missy said, finally putting down her phone.

"Not today, or for the rest of the year for that matter. I'm sorry Missy but this isn't the first fight, hell it's not even the fifth."

"You'll be hearing from my lawyer!" Missy exclaimed as she stood.

"I'm sure we will," Madison said with a sigh.

"And you....you better watch your back." Missy said, pointing at Belle.

Belle didn't reply as Missy slammed the door behind her and the silence echoed in the room, Madison cleared her throat and Belle stared at the floor. A few seconds later Jade walked in.

"Come on," she motioned to the door and Belle hurried to follow.

"Mrs Whitley, can we talk?" Madison asked.

"No, frankly the time to talk was months ago when Belle was being tortured by Missy and this school did nothing. When she was being bullied and the only teacher who gave a damn was fired, that was when I was willing to talk. Now, I'm willing to pull her out of school and send my money elsewhere."

Jade stormed out and a shocked Belle had no chance but to follow. Once they were home Jade pulled out a kitchen chair and headed to the freezer.

"Sit." She ordered.

Belle obeyed and Jade handed her an ice pack, motioning to the sore spot on Belles jaw where she guessed a bruise was forming.

"So? What happened?" Jade asked.

"She....told everyone that Alex.....she lied about it...I just...couldn't take it anymore."

"This isn't the levelheaded girl I know, Belle....I know you love him and what happened was wrong but you acting out is going to get you both caught. People will know it's you and not Missy."

"I'm sorry."

"Just promise me no more fights, ride it out and in a few months you'll be eighteen. Then it won't matter."

"Okay, I promise."

"Good girl, give him some space."

"okay."

Belle lowered the ice pack and Jade winced.

"That bad?"

"It'll heal. Missy looked worse," Jade said biting back a grin.

"Yeah?" Belle asked smiling.

"Yeah, not that I condone what you did but.....nice job."

Belle giggled and Jade couldn't help laughing as well, whatever battle lay ahead for Alex it was obvious that Belle was in for one just as long. The only thing she didn't know was if they could survive and the thought of losing him now was burning deep inside her, causing a hole in her insides that she just couldn't ignore.