"Hi, I'm Isobel Stephens, but everyone calls me Izzie," she greets with a smile, extending her hand.

     Dr. Bailey simply responds with a glare to Izzie's hand and the beginning of her speech, "I have five rules. Memorize them."

-----

The five rules of Doctor Bailey were simple, just plainly common sense, but Hadley can't help but feel intimidated by her resident. She can't remember being spoken to as bluntly as the woman had. Hadley was always spoken to softly, for everyone was too afraid she would break. This is a new start. Hadley tells herself, looking at the helicopter landing on the roof, taking her ponytail with the wind.

Dr. Bailey quickly rolls a stretcher to the helicopter's doors, her five interns following closely behind.

"What've we got?" the resident questions as the door opens revealing a blonde girl and paramedic. The girl is quickly put on the stretcher.

"Katie Bryce, fifteen year old female, new onset seizures, intermittent for the past week, ID lost en route, started grand mal seizing as we descended," the paramedic explains as the group rushes Katie into the hospital and into a room.

Hadley is greeted with a great fear, nerves flying through with great speed and intensity. Oh God, she thinks. This is for real.

"All right, get her on her side. Izzie, ten milligrams Diazepam," Dr. Bailey orders, getting to work quickly.

Suddenly, everything starts moving quickly. The interns rush around, assisting with the young girl. Hadley jumps in to help, first helping to turn the seizing girl on her side.

The resident watches her interns closely, correcting even the smallest of incorrect moves and assisting with even the easiest of procedures.

Finally, when Dr. Izzie Stephens injects the young patient with the medication, her seizing comes to a halt and she relaxes, unconscious.

As the group stands, taking deep breaths, a tall, African American man walks in the room.

"So I heard we got a wet fish on dry land?" He asks. Dr. Bailey agrees. "Dr. Bailey, I'm gonna shotgun her."

Dr. Bailey turns to her five interns and speaks with a plain voice, "That means every test in the book, CT, CBC, chem. seven, tox screen. Cristina, you're on labs. George and Hadley, you're on patient workups. Meredith, get Katie for a CT. She's your responsibility now."

"Wait, what about me?" Izzie questions, confusion coating her voice.

"You, honey, you get to do rectal exams."

-----

      Hadley and George stand on either side of a patient. Dr. O'Malley listens to the rhythms of the man's heart with a stethoscope.

     "Sounds good?" Dr. Andrews questions with a hopeful glance as George pulls away, wrapping the stethoscope around his neck. She holds the patient's clipboard in both hands, examining the papers carefully.

     "Yeah, sounds good."

     The wife of the man looks down at her husband with a small smile. She turns to the pair of interns. "He'll be fine?" Hadley nods with a smile, putting the clipboard back at the end of his bed. The lady turns back to her husband. "You'll be fine."