Chapter 1

“All right, now before I dismiss everyone for the day, remember to remind your parents that tomorrow we will not be having class due to parent-teacher conferences. Enjoy your weekend!” I say to my classroom full of 3-5 year old preschool students. They jump up with their backpacks and coats and run straight for the door, lining up in a single file and peer out into the hallway to see if their parent is outside waiting for them.

I walk throughout the room, pushing in chairs and straightening the rows of tables before I gather my belongings to head home. I’m wrapping my scarf around my neck when I hear one of my students say my name.

“Ms. Amanda?” I turn around and see Ethan standing in the doorway.

“Yes, Ethan?” I walk toward him and crouch down so I’m eye level with him. He looks sad and I notice his father isn’t with him. “Did you daddy forget to pick you up, sweetie?” He nods and I rub my hand over his arm.

“Oh, I’m sure he’ll be here soon. How about you go play over there while I go give him a call? Does that sound good?” He smiles and nods before running over to the play area. I can’t help but laugh at his immediate mood change.

I walk to the file cabinet and look through the files for each student, complete with their parent’s contact information. I find the one that says H., Ethan and sit at my desk as I dial the number for his father. Several rings later, his voice mail picks up. I decide to leave a message:

“Hello, Mr. Hiddleston, this is Ms. Brooks, Ethan’s teacher. It appears that you’re a bit late picking him up today, so I’m just calling to remind you.” I end the message and place the file back in the cabinet before walking over to Ethan and joining him as he plays.

About an hour later, I hear hurried footsteps approaching my door and I look up and see a tall, very handsome man wearing a black suit in the doorway. I quickly place my finger over my mouth to signal him to be quiet, as Ethan had fallen asleep during the wait.

“I am so sorry I’m late, I got held up in a meeting and when I got your message, I practically sprinted here.” He whispers and I lead him into the hallway so we could talk a bit louder without waking Ethan, but still keep an eye on him.

“No worries, Mr. Hiddleston, it happens to the best of us. Ethan was an angel, as always, and I finally got caught up with some work so really, it was not a problem at all.” I smiled at him and he returned with his own.

“While I’m here, what time is our conference tomorrow? I don’t want to be late to that, either.” We both laughed and I turned to look at the time sheet that I had placed on the bulletin board next to my room.

“It looks like you’re my last appointment at 12:15, unless you want to go ahead and do it now considering how we’re both here? Unless you want to wait until tomorrow so the Mrs. can be here as well.”

“Oh, no, there is no Mrs. Hiddleston; we’re no longer together.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that.” I say and mean it whole-heartedly.

“No worries, it was for the best.” He smiles and places his hands in the front pockets on his dress pants.

I gave him a small smile before saying “Well, do you want to get started?” He smiled and nodded and I motioned for him to follow me into the classroom again. He pulled a chair over in front of my desk while I searched for Ethan’s file once more. I grabbed a conference sheet and began filling out the basic information at the top; parent’s name, child’s name, and date.

“Well, first off, Ethan is an absolute dream to have in class, Mr. Hiddleston.”

“Oh, please, call me Tom. Mr. Hiddleston is my father.” He chuckles and I correct myself politely.

“Well, Tom, Ethan really is a model student. He never disrupts class and he gets along with everyone in class remarkably well. He never causes any problems; if I had to pick a favourite student, it would be Ethan.”

“Wow, that’s wonderful to hear, thank you.” His British accent was like butter and I smiled as he smiled at me and looked behind him to check on his sleeping son.

“Um, also, I wanted to ask you a question, actually.” He averts his attention back to me and shifts in his seat. “Ethan is incredibly talented in art for someone his age.” I pull out three papers with drawings that Ethan has created during class and hand them to him to look them over. “I thought that maybe, with your permission, of course, was wondering if you would like me to enter his drawings into a contest specifically for children his age.”

“Oh, wow, that’s… incredible. Thank you for thinking of him for this.”

“Well, he has the talent and once I started looking into this contest, I thought that it would be a great opportunity for him.” I stood up and walked over to Ethan’s backpack, bending down to pick it up and dig out his folder with the packet of information inside. When I stood up and turned around, I saw Tom’s eyes move from my ass to my eyes and I try to suppress a smile.

“I was sending this information home with Ethan but since we’re already on the topic, I might as well discuss it now.” I hand the packet over to him and he begins to read the pages. “There’s an application at the end that I’ve taken the liberty to fill out for Ethan but needs your signature; that is, if you will be allowing him to enter.”

“Of course I will! This is wonderful, thank you again.” He grabs a pen from the cup on my desk and signs his name on the line.

Hot For Teacher (A Tom Hiddleston Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें