"You are?" I enquired. 

"Emma, Emma Cortez-Watson. We met yesterday at the park. You remember Nathan, don't you?" 

I was lost for words. I merely stared at her. I was not wrong, it was her. 

"Onnica, I...I know things didn't go..." she started, clearly uncomfortable at the way I was staring at her. 

"How's Nathan?" I blurted out. 

I didn't feel like talking about yesterday's incident. I didn't even feel like talking to her. 

"He's fine. When we left him he was sleeping. His nanny is with him", she said lightly. 

I fake-smiled, would she just go? 

"I didn't think I'd find you here" she said after a short silence. 

"It's a friend's birthday so we thought we'd help her celebrate it here. Where's your husband?" I asked like I was interested. 

"He's here with me. There, there he is", she said, pointing to Henry who was talking to a bunch of guys. 

"I have to take care of some problem", she said pointing to her lips," ...but it can wait, I want to ask you something". 

I took a long deep breath and waited. I knew what was coming and I did not have the power to answer it. 

"Hey, having a good time?" Jesse's voice butted in. 

"Yeah", I said, silently breathing a sigh of relief. Who knew Jesse Hastings would be my savior? 

"Hi, I'm Jesse, Onnica's colleague", Jesse introduced himself handing his hand to Emma. 

"...Nice to meet you Jesse. I'm Emma", Emma said as she took his hand and shook it. 

"Colleague, huh? What kind of work do you do?" She asked. 

"A lawyer's assistant", Jesse said proudly. 

Jesse didn't hide the fact that he was busy checking her out. I found it disgusting. He had a girlfriend! I admit Emma was a looker; Jesse wasn't immune to her spell. I doubt any man was. 

"So, how do you guys know each other? Or you just met?" Jesse asked. 

"We met yesterday, at the park", Emma said. 

Emma and Jesse went on to talk about random things. I deliberately shut myself out of the conversation. I looked around. I noticed Henry staring at us, or rather, Jesse. Even from a distance I noticed he wasn't happy about the attention Jesse was giving his wife. I wouldn't be either, with a woman like that. 

Calvin and Steve came back with the drinks; they sure took their sweet time. As if smelling the alcohol, Marc, Samantha and April came back, along with Lisa and Julie. I had never been happy to see the gang. With them there, it made it impossible for Emma to ask me the question I was dying not to be asked. 

I made the introductions as fast as I could, avoiding everyone's eyes. 

"Hmmm, perfect", Lisa said as she took a sip of her cocktail. 

Everyone started chatting. Compliments were exchanged and I noticed the guys were almost fighting to chat to Emma. 

"I'll be back", I said to no one in particular as I headed towards the bathroom. 

Emma clearly heard me and decided to follow me. Oh man, what had I done? I wasn't thinking. 

I walked into the cubicle and closed the door. I sat on the toilet seat, doing nothing in particular.