"Kim Taehyung." She spoke.

His grip tightened around me, comfortably placing his head on my shoulder as a mere hum passed his lips as though the volume of his voice was enough for my mother to hear. She collected herself, clutching her bag tighter as she shot daggers right at Taehyung. I heard a soft laugh pass his lips as I felt his long fingers curl, grabbing pieces of the fabric of my dress shirt before I suddenly heard his teeth grind together. Building up my courage I turned to face him seeing how his pupils have dialated and his gaze was so focused on my mother, rage filled eyes which sent fear through me.

Yesterday

"You know I am no fan of your mother." Taehyung spoke, gaze locked with the sun rising over the tall buildings.

Looking over at him, I didn't know how to answer such a remark instead watched his eyes moved around, watched his chest rise and fall and his tongue coat his lips with a thin layer of silava. It was when the silence in the air became too long and dense that Taehyung turned to me wondering why I haven't spoken yet. Once his gaze locked with mine I felt heat travel through me and sit in my cheeks, sweat form on the plams of my hands. However I held my gaze, stared at his brown eyes as they looked so bright at this moment, so full of life, so happy. It was when he smiled, when a laugh sounded the air I snapped out of my thoughts replying to his remark, finally.

"You haven't even met her." I whisper, low yet loud enough for him to respond, to hear and mere hum.

"To you I may not have met her but-" He stopped, sighing and relaxing into the grass below us, placing his hands on his stomach as he closed his eyes.

"-she gave us both hell and you may not rememeber that but I will always have those memories in my mind never once forgiving her."

Pushing myself off the grass, I sit up now looking down at Taehyung, eyes wide as my mind is still processing the words he has just said. What I had said next was from instinct but at this moment it felt right to ask him.

"Did she ever hurt you? I mean like physically?"

He sighed, sitting up and bringing his knees closer to himself, throwing his arms over them before turning to face me and thankfully shook his head. Feeling relief, I inhaled a deep sigh and rolled my head back staring up at the now dark blue sky, the sun gradually inhancing the colour.

"You know.-"He began which caught my attention and once I looked at him, I saw he hadn't changed his gaze and his beautiful brown eyes were still on me.

"Sometimes I get the feeling that you haven't actually forgotten about us and it actually makes me think there is hope for me. That I can call you my best friend again."

His tone was soft but desperate and along with the words just exchanged, I felt my heart leap, skip a beat and jump into my throat. I felt my hands begin to shake and a rush of sadness devourned my mind, in this moment I merely wanted to cry, wanted to apologize to Taehyung but all my hazy mind managed to do was laugh.

Though he ignored it, ignored my laugh completely and almost shut me out. When I got no response to my sudden outburst, I looked observed him, watched his fingers curl up, clench up into tight fist. Noticed the change in the sparkle in his eyes, picked out the fact he was no longer loose and instead tense. Without warning, he shot his head to me, stared right at me and I simply waited in anticipation wondering what he was about to do next.

"If she ever comes near you again I will protect you Jimin."

Curling my fingers around Taehyung's much bigger hand, I tried to calm him down ever so slightly but this action gave him the opportunity to detach his hand away from my dress shirt and intwined our fingers, securing his hold on me. Fear was the only feeling I felt, the only emotion running through my veins, the only thought filling my mind. My breathing grew faster, uneven making my lungs burn. Tears would perk in my eyes that I would rapidly blink away in the hopes none will spill.

I was scared, so scared of what Taehyung would do, what my mother would do, what would happen any moment now. It was eveident, the hate in my mothers eyes, the anger in her stance and obvious disapproval. I held Taehyung's hand much tighter, breathing out his name hoping he was the only one to hear and once his soft hum sounded from his deep voice, I sighed a sigh of relief.

Fear was still lurking and once I had properly found my voice, quietly I spoke.

"Please don't do anything Taehyung."

I felt weight disappear from my shoulder which made me turn to look over at him, seeing him staring down at me before shaking his head and saying-

"I'll never do anything to hurt you Jimin."