Joey Trotta

"Mr. Trotta." I said. "I find your odd and bad behavior rather fascinating." I tried to sound as sophisticated as possible. "What's gotten into you?" He asked still sitting on my bed. "I don't know, it's just awfully silent. I gotta break the tension." I was pacing my bedroom floor. Not even 5 minutes ago Joey was outside my window. I honestly didn't know why he didn't just go through the front door. My parents knew about us. Sure they didn't like us together. But they still let us be together. Which if you ask me, is completely crazy. "C'mon Joey we've been together a whole week and ya haven't had a full conversation with me yet." I pouted. It was true, we had been together a week. And it's like he's been avoiding talking to me. It hurt me, I may have been in only one other relationship but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be doing this. "Joey is there something wrong?" I asked. Nothing. "See this is what I mean. I try to talk to you, and you don't even respond." I looked over at him. He was just staring at the floor. "Ya know Joey I honestly thought we had something, but I guess not." I walked to the kitchen. I grabbed a bag of chips and went back up to my room to find Joey gone and the window open. "Great." I mutter to myself. All of a sudden arms wrapped around me from behind. I screamed and dropped my chips, none of them spilling. "Shhh, relax y/n It's just me." Joey said in my ear. "How can I when you made me drop my chips?" I bent down to grab my chips. "So now you're talking to me huh?" I said. "I'm sorry I-" I cut him off. "That's all you ever say is I'm sorry." I tried to pull away. "What do you want me to say." He pulled me back and spun me around so I was facing him. "Why don't you actually do-" Now I was the one being cut off by him smashing his lips to mine. We've kissed before, but it was a quick one. Usually a peck on the lips. This, this was a long kiss. He pulled back. "Happy now?" He smiled. "Very." I said. "C'mon let's go on the roof." He pulled my arm and next thing I know I'm outside my window and climbing up to the roof. We sat there in silence. I hated silence but I had to admit it was peaceful. "Joey?" I asked as we laid on our backs looking at the sky. It was dark and the stars littered the black sky. "Yeah y/n?" He propped himself up. Why was he so cute in the light of the moon? Why can't I be this attractive? I shook my head smiling. "Why'd ya say yes to me?" I looked over at him. "I mean, you're the worst of the worst at school." "Oh stop it stop it, I'm flattered. I'm crying." He fanned himself and pretend wiped a tear away. "And I'm just, ya know, a goodie goodie." "Y/n, I'm gonna be completely honest with you. When I first saw you, I didn't like you at all." Well there goes my dignity. "But, for some reason. I don't know how or why, I liked you. Like, it was, I dont know." He shook his head and laid back down. "No, c'mon keep going it was getting good." I smiled as I prompted myself on my elbow facing him. "It's just, girls were just girls before I met you. Yeah some were ok, but they all did bad stuff just to get my attention. Ya know, get in fights, pull the fire alarm, get sent to the office. But you. You were different." I laid down and closed my eyes as he traced my facial features with his finger. "The kind of different that makes you wonder if you even have a chance. So when I heard you had a liking to me I jumped on it. I didn't need any second thought. You were my only thought." "Joey?" "Yeah?" "Why the hell are we on the roof again?" "Because I'm badass. And I thought this would be a nice date." "You're so weird. Why couldn't you be normal?" I said. "Because normal is boring. Now c'mon let's go do something crazy." He sat up. "Like what?" I stretched as I sat up. "I dont know steal, rob, disturb the public ya know?" I had to give to him. He could be a dumbass at times, but he sure knew how to make a girl happy. Not. I just didn't feel like being a goodie goodie anymore. "Alright what the hell. Let's go." "Wait hold on." He grabbed my hand before I could climb down. "Yeah?" I faced him. "I love you, you know that right?" "Yeah, I know that." "Then this wouldn't be a surprise." I didn't know what he was talking about. But he kissed me. And this kiss was even better than all the other ones. I don't know how or why but I could feel it. "Man am I in love with you y/n." I just smiled at him.