14

frank: did you tell them
gee: yes
Frank: okay
Frank: hows Mikey
gee: he's okay, but I'm afraid of him going to the funeral
frank: oh god
gee: he'll survive
gee: I think

////////
  Mikey straightens his clip on tie and runs a comb through his hair. He's already ten minutes late, but he doesn't actually want to see Pete's body being lowered into the ground. He wants to be there for the reading of Pete's will. Pete told him to go for that and that alone, so Mikey was assuming somethings was there for him. Gerard drags Mikey out of the bedroom and into his truck, despite mikey's weak attempts to free himself. Ten minutes later they arrive at the cemetery. The gates are very familiar to Mikey, as he spends every weekend walking the winding paths of the graveyard.

      "-and that's why Peter was a darling grandchild."
   Mikey hears a snippet of a speech. He's standing far back, away from the crowd of misty eyed adults. The group trudges through the mud and into a small building next to the mausoleum, where the reading of the will will be held.
     "Tyler Joseph and Joshua Dun will receive this camera," Says the tall, suited man. Josh and Tyler take the camera from the table and sit back down.
   "Michael Way receives this electric bass," he reads. Mikey snaps his head up and sees a sparkly silver bass on the floor. He stands up and takes it back to his seat, noticing a small folded envelope. While the adults collect Pete's money, Mikey reads the note.

   Hey Mikes.
So, as you know, I'm dead. It'll probably suck, but that's not the point. Look, Mikey, we never talked before last month. You never really said you liked me. We never dated. And yet, somehow, I feel like we did. We were more than boyfriends, though. You helped me. Remember when you stayed up all night when I had that anxiety attack about the moose? That kind of thing. That's why I love you, Mikey way. That's why I always will. Take this bass and use it when you become famous. I know you will. These will be my famous last words: I am
not afraid to walk this world alone. Say it to yourself. Because you shouldn't be. You, Mikey fucking way, are the strongest, bravest boy I've ever met. Thank you for existing.
   -Pete