13

Frank hops into Gerard's truck, glancing at Mikey, who sits in the backseat. He's looking at the floor, stains covering his tan shirt, his leather jacket unzipped. Mikey had always been put together and seeing him like this struck guilt in Frank for setting up the two boys. A few minutes of tense silence pass, and they arrive at the hospital.
     "Room 197," Says the secretary.
    "Thank you," mumbles Gerard, scanning the doors. They walk past 189, then 196. Frank opens the door to reveal a simple white room with a bed in the corner. Pete is still, his eyes closed. Mikey's face twitches when he sees the boy with God knows what dripping into his arms and bandages covering half his body. A nurse steps into the room shortly after, holding a clipboard.
      "I'm afraid," she whispers, "that mister wentz won't be making it much longer. The rock ripped his pancreas and theres no time for a transplant. I'm sorry."
      Mikey stares at her, his mouth slightly open. Gerard leads him to Pete's bed. The boy opens his eyes and sees Mikey, with his glasses askew and hair tangled and ratty.
        "Mikey, thank you. Thank you
for everything. Thank you for showing me that place. Even if it stung a little, you were the best thing to ever happen to me. I love you, Mikey Way."
    A tear slips down mikey's face. He puts his hand over Pete's and says in a gritty voice, 
    "I love you too, Pete."
  Gerard puts his head on franks shoulder as Frank closes his eyes. Pete was a good person. He helped them all, and now they had to do the most painful thing of all. They had to tell the others.