Chapter 2

I'm awake, but my eyes are still closed. I try to move, but something is restricting me. I slowly open my eyes to see myself laying on top of Marshall, who was hugging me, asleep. I looked towards the TV and see it was black. I guess we both ended up falling asleep near the end. I look back at Marshall and carefully move my hand to poke his cheek.

"Marsh. Marshy. Marshall. Lee. Marshaaallll." I said, poking his cheek each time. He gripped my hand so suddenly, I nearly jumped.

"Poke my cheek, one more time, and I give you a noogie." He muttered, not even opening his eyes. I gasped.

"You wouldn't." I smirk and move off of him. I stare at him before poking his cheek quickly and running upstairs. I heard him fall off the couch and heard him racing towards me. I let out a shriek and run to his room, closing and locking the door and doing the same to any windows in the room. I go to his closet and hide, making sure my hair wasn't showing.

"FIONNA. OPEN THE DOOR." He yelled. I had to cover my mouth to keep from giggling. I heard pounding on the door before silence. I slowly move up to the closet door and peek out through the holes. I didn't see anything until I looked at the window. Marshall was on the outside, trying to open it. I open the closet and go out, smirking as I go up to the window. Marshall frowned, glaring at me. I stick out my tongue. "Fi, please let me in. I won't give you a noogie, I promise." I narrowed my eyes as he said that.

"You promise? Really?" I asked, walking closer. He nods, giving me his infamous smirk which always showed his fangs. I hesitated before sighing and unlocking the window and opening it. Once it was open all the way, Marshall tackled me and began to tickle me. I let out a yell before laughing and trying to escape. "MARSHALL!!! LEMME GO!!!" I yelled. He laughed.

"Payback!" He sang, tickling my sides. I could feel my face turning red and he stopped, pinning me down. I was breathing heavily, slowly calming down. I looked up at him and his usually black eyes were red. I gulped. That only happened when he was hungry for... blood.

"Marshall..." I warned. I saw his fangs grow sharper. "Marshall, please.." I tried to get out of his grip, but he's way too strong. I closed my eyes and felt him go to my neck. My heart began beating faster as I felt his teeth gently scrape over my neck. Luckily his grip on my wrists loosened then, so I got the chance to push him off. I sat up and watched Marshall blink, escaping his trance. Surprisingly, it had happened before a couple of times, but I had escaped. Marshall got up and ran his hands over his face.

"Fi... I'm sorry.." He said quietly. I got up and smiled a bit.

"It's alright, Marsh. At least I snapped you out of it." I chuckled nervously and looked at the digital alarm clock on the small desk next to Marshall's bed. It was almost eight. My eyes widened and I ran downstairs, collecting my things and slipping on my hat. "I've gotta go or else Cake will yell at me, or worse, kill you! Again!" I called, running out the door. I heard Marshall let out a chuckle and call 'Bye' right as I left.

--

Right when I entered the Treehouse was I bombed with questions from Cake, my cat-sister. Questions came in from left to right.

"Where were you?"

"Are you injured?"

"Why were you gone?"

"WERE YOU KIDNAPPED?"

I let out a sigh and plopped down on our comfy couch. "I was at Marshall's watching an old movie. I ended up falling asleep on accident and I swear it won't happen again." I inhaled deeply. Man, that was a mouthful. Cake just rolled her eyes and went to the kitchen.

"Hun, Gumball is throwing one of his famous parties." She said simple. I let out a small groan and sink further into the couch.

"What's the occasion this time?" I asked. I heard Cake laugh before seeing her walk back out with a cup of what I was guessing coffee. "Girl, it's your 18th birthday!" I let out a small gasp and sit up quickly. "Oh my glob! I completely forgot! I guess I've been so busy with missions and such that I had forgotten!" Cake chuckled and sat beside me. "Looks like it. It's in two days, so we'll get your dress tomorrow." I nod and get up. "Cool. What kind if dress do you think I should wear?" I asked heading to the kitchen for a snack.

I ended up making a sandwhich. I heard Cake walk in. "I'm thinking something blue." She says. I roll my eyes. "It's always blue." I looked at her, taking a bite of my sandwhich. "Well, we could change that if you'd like." I shook my head. "Nah. That's okay." I smiled.