Potcheen

With these words, Gary let go of Howard without resistance. When they were close to their goal, Howard went so smartly around the actual building that Gary didn't even notice in what kind of bar they wanted to descend. Near the back entrance, Howard finally brought his Lamborghini to a halt and saying, that there was no way back for Gary. A little annoyed, Howard grabbed his somewhat grumpy friend roughly at the arm and then simply pulled it with him. As they walked through the rear entrance, the biting smell of the alcohol rose in their noses, and they were hardly in the actual bar, Gary stopped short and eyed his surroundings with a more than just skeptical look. But before he was able to check out the whole booth, he was picked up by Howard once more roughly by the arm, which simply dragged with him in a particular direction.

"Come on, Gaz. ...Here the music plays," Gary heard in the same breath the slightly muted voice of his friend in his ears.

With another and quick look, where he could be here, he realized that this was such a bar for crashed and former celebrities. Of course it could also happen that some celebrity, who at least still had a good name, got lost here. Despite all this and because of that, he now felt like a failure.

Great. That was exactly what he had lacked.

There was a new and still deeper abyss in his hole, where he was now, and so he took him unprepared to the next level of eternal damnation. Why did Howard do this to him? Gary had really hoped inwardly that his buddy would throw a rope to him, so that he would at least get a better grip. But instead, he pushed him deeper into the hole. With this line of thought, he was already about to leave the bar in the quickest way. But since Howard had more than just a firm grip on him, he could immediately forget that thought. On this shock, he had to re-sort himself once again and thus didn't get to know, how Howard got him at a certain table. He had not even noticed, how he had said to him, that he had actually spotted two old acquaintances in a corner and that they should sit with them. When they were at that table, Gary gradually recovered.

"Hey, Gaz. Nice to see you again among the living." Gary was greeted by the side.

"Yes, you don't even give a sign of your life." The other man added, looking at him with cares.

Gary cast a questioning glance at the two of them, and despite the dim light, he had recognized the two of them at once. To his surprise, he looked into the grinning faces of his friends and former band mates, Mark Owen and Jason Orange.

"What are you doing here?" Gary wanted to know from these two guys what they was doing here, and was pushed by Howard on a bench, right next to Jason.

"Well, what do you do in a bar? You are sitting around with friends, drinking one drink or another, talking about the past or what will be in the future." Mark summarized what was in a bar so usually.

"If this is so, I can go right away. I don't want to deal with such issues at all. ...Not to mention the present," Gary said, making preparations to leave the bar.

As soon as he was on his feet, he was already jammed by Jason and pulled back to the bench again.

"You'll stay here, Gaz. Nobody will just disappear here, who hasn't got a drink yet!"Jason let him know that he had to drown his departure.

Gary set his elbows on the table before him and rubbing his tired eyes with both hands. What had he done with it? It had definitely been a bad idea to surrender Howard and let him drag himself away. In order to be able to keep his face at least, he buried it in his hands and stayed in that position. The whole thing was like a nightmare out of which he no longer woke up. He would finally want to put a final end to it all, but somehow he could not muster the courage to really do it.