Embarrassing Moments and Awkward Confrontations

Heath and I had woken up entangled again. This time it was significantly less embarrassing but embarrassing all the same. Heath seemed to be more used to it than I was. It had been almost a two weeks since our "wedding". The tabloids had published our side of the story and seemed to have multiple pictures of Matt with other women. I had to admit that it didn't hurt as much now...not to say that it still didn't hurt. Heath more than made up for everything though. He was a perfect gentleman.

We had gone to a wonderful tropical island for the honeymoon, and I had to admit that we had a lot of fun. Hanging out with Heath was nice. I felt like I didn't need to pretend around him. We had returned last night and were currently living in the manor with Robert, Sylvia, and Xander. I thought that everything seemed to be passing by too smoothly. I shook my head. I pushed Heath's arm off of my waist, admiring his handsome face before I realized what I was doing.

I got in the shower quickly and by the time I finished dressing Heath was up. He smiled this smile at me with his eyes still a bit hazy. My heart fluttered.

"Good morning Rose," he said smiling at me happily. I swallowed...hard.

"Morning Heath," I smiled back at him as he slipped past me into the bathroom. I collapsed into the couch a hand still pressed against my chest. This had started about a week ago. I had realized just how attracted to Heath I actually was. But it was something I couldn't let him know about...which was hard. Heath was incredibly perceptive to people's feelings.

My heart nearly stopped beating when Heath walked out of the bathroom...with just a towel wrapped around his waist. Droplets of water were still running down his toned body. I knew he was toned...but I hadn't gotten used to seeing him shirtless yet. He was chiseled like a sculpture of Adonis. I wanted nothing more than to run my hands up the lean taut muscle that was exposed to my eyes. His abs...were drool-worthy. In fact I was quite surprised I wasn't drooling at the moment. I stood up abruptly, but me being the clutz I was tripped when I tried to walk away from him.

Heath was there in a second, catching me, pulling me taut against his body, he had me pinned against the wall, his arm above my head which was probably how he managed to regain his balance. I don't think I could've formed a single coherent thought. His other arm was wrapped tightly around my waist, his heat searing into my skin. One of my hands rested on the smooth skin of his bicep. The muscle flexed under my touch, and my other hand was pressed against the plane of his chest. I was surprised that I wasn't a puddle of goo on the ground. My heart raced furiously. Heath looked down at me and I got lost in his deep, mysterious greenish hazel eyes. The distance between our lips was slowly being minimized almost as if there was a magnetic pull between them. His lips just barely brushed mine when Xander came bursting through the door.

"I WANT TO JOIN IN!" Xander exclaimed cheerfully.

I quickly pushed Heath away, and he all but ran back into the bathroom. I couldn't look up to meet Xanders's gaze.

"Getting frisky so early in the morning? Sister-in-law, I thought you were better than that," he teased me.

"Shut up Xander!" I pouted.

"Call me next time...we could have some real fun," he grinned. Until I threw a pillow at his head. It smacked him square in the face.

"Get out!"

"I know...I know...you and Heath probably want to continue. Well don't take too long. Finish quickly," he smirked as he walked out of the room.

"You're an ass Xander!" I called out after him. I could hear him chuckling.

Heath reappeared the moment Xander left. It was hard to look him in the eyes. He offered me his arm to escort me downstairs. I accepted. My heart was beating waaaaay to rapidly to be considered normal.

We went down to breakfast and Xander met us in the hallway.

"What done already?" he teased.

"Ow," he groaned after Heath smacked him upside the head.

Heath was about to open the door when Xander stepped in front of him.

"What is it now Xander?" we both sighed.

"Let's go out to breakfast...I know this great waffle place," he said trying to steer us in the other direction.

"What are you hiding? Where'd all the teasing go?" I asked him.

"Yeah...you hate waffles," Heath said.

"Well I'm craving them, and you know how I get when I really want something," he said.

"Move Xander," Heath commanded.

"But Heath..."

"Xander just move please." I was exasperated at this point.

He finally stepped away from the door. When we opened the door I was glad I was holding onto Heath. Sitting there next to an awkward looking Robert, and Sylvia was Matt. I sucked in a breath. Heath's arm in mine was comforting.

"Rose," Matt smirked.

"What do you want?" Heath stepped in front of me.

"I want to talk to Rose...alone," he said.

"Over my dead..." Heath stopped when I placed my hand on his arm. I nodded. The look on his face was unreadable but I could tell he wasn't happy about this. He left the room though, along with his parents.

"You little tramp. You wanted to get your hands on our money that bad huh?" Matt asked as he turned to me. My eyes widened. He...he never acted like this.

"You dirty, rotten bastard. Are you in your right frame of mind? I'm an heiress too! My inheritance is just as much as yours!" I screamed.

"Then why would you marry Heath?" He seemed genuinely curious. I didn't understand why he was so interested? He was the one who broke my heart in the first place, so what right would he have to to just come waltzing back into my life? Exactly, he has no right. I hated how he thought he could just walk in and out of my life whenever he wanted to.

"That's none of your business," I hissed.

"He's my baby brother. Of course it's my business," he retorted.

"He's a legal adult...he can make his own decisions," I said.

"Well he's married to a whore...I'm pretty sure he's not in his right frame of mind," he said seethingly.

"I've never even slept with anyone! There's no damn way I could be a whore! Just stop this Matt! You're being a total asshole! My feelings aren't something you can play with! So anything else you have to say you can go shove up your...!" I got cut off when Heath came back into the room.

Within a second he had decked Matt. I stood there in utter shock. It took me a while before I was able to process what exactly had happened. I couldn't believe Heath had punched his own brother, no matter how much of an ass he is, for me.

"No one talks to my wife that way." Heath looked like he was going to explode with anger.

I grabbed his hand and quickly dragged him out of the room. I apologized to his parents but they waved me

off saying that it wasn't my fault. Xander was openmouthed. I was pretty sure he had never seen Heath that mad. I was kind of flattered that he would actually punch his own brother for me, but that didn't make me feel any better. This day hadn't really gotten off to a good start. I really couldn't believe that I hadn't realized how much of an ass Matt was before.

I dragged Heath all the way to the front door before he spoke again.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"You need to cool down...so we are...going on a date."

Hey guys! My reads like tripled since the second chapter was posted and I got a few new followers! Super exciting guys! Anyway Matt's back and he might be back for a while. The drama's just getting started so stay tuned for more of Heath and Rose! Sorry it's kind of short but the next chappie will be up soon to make up for its shortness! Hope you have a nice day!