Chapter 9

Raegans POV
*the next day*
I haven't told Justin about my moms funeral yet, I was going to tell him this morning, but, I decided not to. I would rather not talk about it, at least, not until some time passes. My phone chimes and it's a text from Justin.
Justin: morning babe🙈
Me: morning❤️
Justin: I'm not going to school today
Me: me neither
Justin: oh why?
Me: I have a headache
Justin: Oh, my stomach hurts.
Me: awe, I hope you feel better! I gtg ily💘
Justin: I hope you feel better too! Ly💙

Justin's POV
The original reason why I texted Raegan was to tell him was to tell him about the funeral, but, I decided against it at the last minute and just told him the I wasn't going to school. I look at the time and it's almost 10:00 AM. I decide to get up and get a shower because we have to be there by 1:00 PM and it's a half an hour drive. When I get out of the shower I go in my closet and look for my suit. I started to panic because I couldn't find it, but, it was just at the very back. I got it on and looked in the mirror. The last time I wore this was when my dog died. I start to get emotional about my dog and my aunt AJ, but I wipe my tears and continue to get ready. There's no time for crying.

Raegans POV
This morning I was feeling the most emotional I've felt since my mom died. I'm not going to be speaking at the funeral because my therapist and my dad agreed that it was too much for me to handle at the moment. I wanted to speak but, I guess I'm not very good at writing anyways and I gonna be an emotional wreck the whole time, I can just feel it. I got up and got a quick shower. I put on my all black suit with a red and black striped tie. I sit in my bed and start to cry. We have to leave in an hour and my eyes are already red and puffy. I walk into the bathroom and splash cold water on my face. "Stop crying" I say to myself whilst looking in the mirror. But it's no use. I cry even more.

Justin's POV
*at the funeral*
When we get to the funeral, I noticed that there are a lot of people here. I don't recognize very many of them so I assumed that most of them were just friends or people that knew her, not family. I saw a couple of my family members that I haven't seen since, before I transitioned. As soon as I saw them I hid in the bathroom. After a couple of minutes I came out and saw my dad talking to the same family members that I was just hiding from, he was signalling me to come over, I gave him a look and in return he gave me a sympathetic look and then mouths "it's okay, just come." I really don't want to go over there. But, I can tell my dad really wants me to, so I go. I stand beside my dad and my uncle, aunt, grandma and grandpa all look at me like they don't know me and say "hi, what's your name." I feel really awkward but at the same time, if they don't recognize me it means I'm doing a good job of passing.
Justin's dad: this is Justin, my son.
They all look at him confused.
Justin's uncle: since when do you have a son that we don't know about?
They all continue to look super confused.
Justin dad: remember (Justin's birth name?)
I freeze. Hearing my birth name makes me want to throw up.
Justin's aunt: of corse! Where is she! We want to see her!
Justin's dad: your looking at him.
My grandma looks at my grandpa and they exchange a worried look.
Justin's grandma: is she a, a, transgender?
Justin's dad: he is
Every single one of them looks from my dad to me. They all have a look of disgust on their faces.
Uncle: Young lady-
Me: I am not a lady.
Uncle: yes, you are.
Me: no, I'm a boy!
Uncle: YOU ARE NOT, YOU ARE FEMALE!
He yells that so loud that the everybody and I mean everybody at the funeral looks at me. It begins to get hard for me to breath, I start hyperventilating, and then everything goes black.
A/N sorry for the cliff hanger😂😂