Bad Impressions

Daehyun went to the living room. Still upset about his conversation with his father. He couldn't believe they were doing this to him.

Daehyun's mom was talking to their guests when he entered the room. He saw a boy with his parents. The boy was around his age. He was good looking, but there was something not right. Daehyun didn't know what it was.

'Oh, you're here'. Mrs. Jung said when she saw Daehyun. She went over to him and pulled him towards the boy. 'Daehyun, this is Youngjae'.

Youngjae smiled at him.

Daehyun looked at him and gave a fake smile. He was eyeing Youngjae carefully. Youngjae seemed like the stuck up type. Coming from money, he looked very spoiled. Daehyun knew he never worked a day in his life.

'You boys talk and get to know each other'. Mrs. Jung said as she took Youngjae's parents to another room.

Daehyun crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.

'You have a nice house'. Youngjae said. 'Not as nice as mine, but still nice'.

Daehyun glared at him. 'Why did you agree to this?' 

Youngjae shrugged. 'Why not? It's easier than looking for someone'.

'You don't want to look for the right person? You'll just take anybody?'

'Not just anybody. I have my limits.'

'Why be with someone of lower class than you?' Daehyun raised his eyebrow.

'You're not that much lower'.

'I work for my money. You don't. You're a spoiled rich kid'.

'Having money is a bad thing?' Youngjae looked at him surprised.

'You don't know how to earn your money yourself do you?'

'It's easier not to work. Why turn down the easy life?'

'Because, I don't want to be like you. I want to provide for my future husband like I'm supposed to'.

'But, if you're with me, you never have to work another day in your life. You can go on vacations anywhere you want, have the latest and greatest clothes, cars...anything you want'.

Daehyun rolled his eyes. 'No thanks.'

Daehyun sat down on the couch. He couldn't believe this was the boy his parents wanted him to meet. Of all the boys. Why him? Why the spoiled, arrogant rich kid?

Baekhyun had to meet this unknown guy after school. He was worried about what kind of guy he was. He had a feeling he was just like the other boys he knew.

Baekhyun sat in the corner of the café and waited. Apparently the boy knew what he looked like, but he didn't know who the boy was. Baekhyun pulled out his phone and started checking messages while he waited.

'Hey'. He heard a voice next to him. He looked up and saw a boy around his age standing by his table.

'Hi'. Baekhyun kept looking at him. 'Are you who I'm supposed to meet?'

The boy smiled. 'Yes, I'm Chanyeol'. He sat down across from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun grabbed the drink in front of him and started drinking. 'I guess, you already know my name'. He said when he put his drink down.

'Yes, your father told me before I came here.'

'He said you wanted to meet me'. Baekhyun gave him a questioning look. 'Why?'

Chanyeol shrugged. 'I saw your picture when your father showed it to my father. I thought you looked cute'.

'Is that the only reason?'

'You seemed different than the other boys I've seen, so I thought I would give you a chance'.

'What other boys?' He looked at Chanyeol carefully.

'The ones at school. A lot of them aren't what I'm looking for'.

'What are you looking for?'

'Someone cute, who has the same interests as I do. Someone who doesn't fight with me over little things.'

Baekhyun sighed. 'Well, I don't want to waste your time, but I'm not looking for anyone right now'. He went to stand up but he felt Chanyeol grab his arm.

'Wait'.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'What?'

'I just got here, sit back down'.

'I told you, I'm not looking for anyone'.

Chanyeol was stronger, and forced Baekhyun to sit back down.

'Just at least stay and eat with me'.

Baekhyun kept glaring and crossed his arms. 'Why should I?'

'Baecause, we told our parents we would meet.'

'And we met, so I'm leaving now.'

Baekhyun went to stand up again, but Chanyeol put his foot up to block him.

'Why are you doing this? I'm not your prisoner'.

'Stay'. Chanyeol said, not removing his foot.

Baekhyun sighed. He had a feeling he wasn't going to win. He glared at Chanyeol the whole time. He knew he'd be like all the other boys he knew.

All he wanted was to leave and have his space at home. But here he was, stuck with this boy that was holding him hostage in the booth.