Chapter 12

Chapter 12

As we got closer to the house I could smell food cooking, bacon, eggs, waffles, or they could be pancakes. Strange mom knew we ate earlier, Oh well I never turn down food. The soft breeze was wisping the smell into my face. When we were about fifteen feet form the back door Matt let out a soft growl.

"What is it Matt?" My question made him sigh then he softly said.

"Trent is back"

What oh not good not good at all but what Matt said next had me even more worried.

"And the King and Queen are with him."

Why are they here they usually only get involved in cases involving serious offenses that affect the whole of their subjects or it involves a royal. Is he accusing us of something? Is he taking my comments last night as accusations? Falsely accusing a royal is not taken lightly. Did losing my temper put my family in danger? We went in to the kitchen mom was there she was smiling. A good sign, a person whose family could be executed for treason wouldn't be smiling.

"Hello kids that run was longer than expected, have fun?

"Yup mom we did, I'm sorry I didn't know we had company or we would have come back sooner." Matt said with a smile.

She waved for us to fallow her so we each we followed her to the dining room. Trent was sitting with his hands folded in his lap and was looking at his feet. The queen was sitting on his right, the king to the right on her, and his mom on his left. We bowed and surprisingly so did Taylor and Jason. The king looked at me,

"I got a rather disturbing call from my daughter in-law last night concerning you Miss Jane, first if you would have told us at the time it would be easier to execute justice, but in the mean time I believe my grandson has something to say."

We all turned to regard Trent. Who was still looking at his feet like he was hoping they'd sprout wings and fly him away from here.

"I'm sorry" it was a choked whisper.

I jumped when he yelped in pain as the King grabbed the hair on the back of his neck and used this as leverage to force Trent's head up.

"You're not very convincing child!" the king growled.

"Jane I'm sorry my comments about your family moving upset you" Trent said louder, looking up at me though it was still forced.

Jason leaned over my shoulder

"And" he said looking rather smugly.

"And... I sorry for any offence to your Family Alaric Verr" he said with a lot more confidence then the apology.

Jason glared t him. Trent stood up and practically shouted.

"I'm not sorry and I won't apologize for what I said to you. If the old ways were in keeping today I would challenge you. You are weaker and I have means to maintain her current life style." Trent nodded his head once to express the finality of his statement.

I rolled my eyes. The king turned to my mom ignoring to boys little tiff.

"Also my grandson will be taking your plea suggestion, if you would be so kind as to help him with that" he laid the folder form last night on the table.

Trent moaned getting a slap on the back f his head from the king. As mom retrieved the file the front doorbell rang. I looked at the clock it was quarter to eight early for someone to be at the door especially on Saturday. Mom said to answer the door so she could talk with the king more.