Chapter 1: The Argument that Scarred Me

On December 31st 2008 I was sitting on the oriental rug in the living room of my old home, putting together a puzzle. My father was sitting in the recliner adjacent to me,reading his book. I could see the pages reflect on his glasses. He always appeared sophisticated. He always wore his hair slicked back with a white buttoned shirt and black dress pants. I was five at the time but I new he was a very intelligent person. It was a pretty cold night and our heating system had broke a few days prior. We had the fire going. I was always afraid of the fire place as a child so I sat as far away as I could from it and still be in the living room.
    I felt like something bad was going to happen that night. As soon as that thought came to mind.I heard my mother barge out of her room running full speed into the living room where my father and I was. The sound of her pounding feet hitting the hard wood floor gave me chills. She came into the living room, grabbed my father by his shirt, lifted him out of his chair and began the argument with him. She yelled "Do you think I wouldn't find out!"
"What are you talking about?"
"I found this in your coat pocket!"
    She handed him a letter. I didn't know why she was so mad about a letter,but as I grew older my grandmother told me it was a "love letter" from his co-worker. They continued to yell back and forth. I started to cry and scream uncontrollably because they started to frighten me. The yelling went on for what seemed like forever. Then it happened. My father hit my mother across the face. My mother was at the most 5'0 and 84lbs. She had red hair with pale skin and dark makeup around her eyes. She fell right in the middle of the floor. We all where silent. My mother stood up, looked my father in the eye, and walked out. My father put his hands over his face. I could hear him sobbing. I went back to putting my puzzle together.
    The horrifying sound of my mothers feet hitting the floor came once agin. She ran into my father screaming with a kitchen knife in her hand. I can never forget the sound of the knife cutting in to my fathers stomach and the sound that came out of his mouth. I started screaming and crying agin. My mother repeatedly stabbed him until almost all of his white buttoned up shirt was covered in his blood. The look on his face was a mixture of pain, sadness, anger and regret.
I was so scared I rolled up into a ball covering my eyes. I stayed like that for a few minutes, then I herd the loudest screeching scream. I look up and my fathers body was in the fire place. I could see his face screaming in agony while he was burning alive. My mother turned around and ran to me and said "All of this is your fault! If you where to born he wouldn't want to leave me!" Then she took the same knife that she uses to stab my father with and cut my face from the top of my cheek bone to the bottom of my chin.
      The police came to my house not even 20mins after the incident. The neighbors reported smelling the smell of my fathers burnet flesh. The police took my mother in to custody. They brought me in for questioning. I told them what happened. My mothers scenting was the death penalty. Today, May 13th 2106 is the day my grandmother and I get to watch my mothers time on this planet come to an end.