BEN guided you to his bedroom door and opened it.

"We should go to bed, it's late." He said lowly. "G'night, best friend."

You smiled half-way and punched him playfully on the chest, keeping your fist connected.

"G'night, BEN." And with that, you wobbled your way into your room.

+-+-+-+
Callys P.O.V.

I sat on the edge of the top bunk and swung my legs back and forth. Kai told me about BEN calling 911 for Christian. It really was nice, but the time waited to do so probably ended up killing him anyway. He probably bled out on the cold grass before they arrived. Trying to keep a positive attitude about all of this is close to impossible. The look that Christian had in his eyes when I looked at him and the tone in his voice when I spoke to him, he really missed me. And he got attacked for it. He was attacked for having natural, normal emotions. You see? These same thoughts keep making its way back to the top of my head when I try to think of something else. It's nearly impossible.

"When are you going to sleep?" Kai asked, popping his head out from the bottom bunk. Using my feet, I blocked my view of his face and rested my elbows on my legs to rest my chin on my fists. The back of my shirt raised a little when I hunched, chilling my lower back. I've out-grown my shirt a little since I'd gotten it. Thanks to Aunt Ash I don't have good-fitting things anymore.

"Soon." I replied. "Why?"

"I.. Just figured since everyone else is in bed, you'd.." He trailed off.

"Follow along, do the same thing?" I finished for him. "I'm not even tired yet."

"Ah.." He said quietly. "I think I'm going to."

"Alright, Kai." I said. "Can I ask you something before you go to bed?"

I heard shuffling from the bottom bunk before a certain person that might be named Kai said "Yeah, go ahead, what is it?"

I moved my feet to see his head in the same position as before hanging off of the bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "You've been acting different."

"You have too." He replied. I rolled my eyes and sighed. He always does this; if he doesn't want to answer about himself he averts it to the other person. What an ass.

"You're usually the one who doesn't give a fuck about anything." I retorted. "You know this."

"I could say the same about you, Cally." He sighed the sentence.

"Touché." I agreed. "But that's not what I'm getting at here. I'm talking about you, now speak up."

I shot angry looks at him, but he seemed unfazed. He doesn't want to talk, and I understand that, but it's really bugging me, how off he's been.

"Please talk."

Kai slowly got up and out of the bottom bunk and stood there leaning on the top bunk with his arms crossed. I know what he's doing.. He's trying to intimidate. Using the plain faced look and his height compared to the beds.

"You're not scaring me, Kai." I laughed. "In fact, you're doing quite the opposite."

He rolled his eyes and started to climb up beside me. Which was a breeze for him to do. I, being 5'4 compared to his 6'2 and generally small next to the beds themselves, have issues getting up here, which is a bitch.

"Now, what's wrong." I asked. Well, I didn't really ask for him to tell me. Since obviously asking him does absolutely nothing. I'm making him tell me.

He sighed and looked down at the floor below our feet. His facial expression changed, it looks kind of.. Concerned.

"How are you holding up?" He asked. That's it, I'm so done with his bullshit.

"Kai, stop fucking changing it to the other person when you don't want to answer to them, it's getting old!" I exclaimed, annoyed.

"That's what's been bothering me, Cally, exactly that!" Kai said all but quietly. He wore an angry facial expression. My face fell. That is not what I expected at all.

"Oh.. What?" My eyes fell, too. I sat staring at his red pajama t-shirt as he sat hunched over staring over the edge. "I'm sorry, I didn't have the slightest clue.."

"Well?" Kai started. "You going to answer me?"

I nodded and looked up. My gaze instantly fell onto his beautiful emerald green eyes. That eye color has always been appealing to me, I've always wanted them. But rather, I'm stuck with hazel. Not a bad eye color, I love it, but not exactly my favorite.

"I'm doing fine, Kai." I said with a smile. "Don't worry."

"You know that's not helping." Kai said, annoyed. He just... Thoroughly confused me, now.

"W-..." I started. But I couldn't even finish it. I'm still trying to process what the what he actually means..

"Lying doesn't help." He said, but this time around when he spoke, it was a lot softer and quieter. "I know this is unsettling, I'm trying to help you by talking about it. Isn't that was other people do?"

He actually cares enough to try to be normal . I never would have pinned Kai as someone who cares at all, if I'm being honest. But then again, didn't he say the same thing about me? Yet I still feel like there's something more to my feelings toward him. What if he sees this in me? What is he feels the same way?

I grabbed his hand and intertwined my fingers with his.

"I'm gonna be alright, don't worry."