Chapter 1

Dana's POV

"What do you mean we're moving.." I asked, tears brimming my eyes.

"We're moving to California. Honey, we know you love it here in New York, but your father got this amazing job promotion. It's too good of an offer to pass up and plus we know you don't have many friends here sweetie. This will be an amazing opportunity to make new friends."

"Well, California, please be good to me" I practically whispered.

"Thank you so much honey for taking this so well!" my father said

I got up out of the kitchen and went to my room. I sat on my bed, looking around thinking I won't be in this room for much longer. I opened up my twitter app on my phone and tweeted "its been real." I know everyone will be confused but I was too. I was just about to lay down when I remembered I didn't know when we were leaving. I got off my bed and walked down stairs. Mom and dad were still in the kitchen.

"sorry but erm when are we leaving?.. I forgot to ask"

"oh right sorry, we leave in a week and a half, I know its short notice, but if I were you, id start packing, theres spare boxes in the computer room" my mom said

"yeah thanks.."

I went to the computer room and picked up the boxes. I took them to my room and labeled on the first box "Books" I walked over to my book shelf and placed all my books in the box. The next box I labeled was "shelves". I picked up all the random items and placed them into the other box. I filled up the 8 boxes my mom gave me, and pushed them off to the side. When I had no more boxes left, I sat on my bed and looked around my room, it just looked so.. empty. I know this week and a half were going to fly by.

It was soon the night before I left for California. All my stuff was put away into the boxes, and the only thing left was my bed set. Everything else the movers already took. They have to come back from some more boxes, and all our beds. Tomorrow I start my new life in California.

My alarm woke me up at 4 in the morning. I got up, threw my light brown hair into a floppy, messy bun, put some mascara and eyeliner on to bring out my baby blue eyes, and put on yoga pants and a zip up.

I packed my black jansport backpack with my mac, my beats, and some gum and makeup for the plane. I ran down stairs and threw on my black vans. Mom and dad were just waking up, so I decided to walk around my house one last time. I walked into my room and looked at my baby blue walls. I went into my den where I've trashed the ruined and couch multiple times due to alcohol. And lastly I went into the kitchen. I remember making pancakes and then setting them on fire when I was 8. I giggled to my self at the memories. My parents finally came down and asked me of I was ready.

"As ready as ill ever be. But what happened to all our stuff? and our cars?"

"The movers are coming in 20 minutes, they're going to pack everything up and then it will meet us as our new house in California. And they have people for our cars, since were taking a cab" my mother answered

"oh right okay. At the airport can we get Starbucks? I want a croissant and coffee if I'm going to stay awake" I asked

"of course sweetheart" my father answered

Minutes later we heard a car horn. I grabbed my backpack and walked out of my house for the last time.