Chapter Eighteen

I woke up feeling cold and a pain throbbing in my temples. It felt like someone had taken a sledgehammer to my temples and the pain traveled down my body each and every time. And, for the first time since I had been changed, I felt empty and... alone.

"You're awake!" I heard the same voice from when I passed out say. My eyes opened slowly even though I knew the movement would only cause me more pain. I tried to move my arms but I discovered quite quickly that I was chained down to the table and the meta was burning my wrist.

My eyes looked around the dark room and I found the woman I had seen before I left, standing in the corner. She was a well-built woman with chestnut curls cascading down her back, bright purple eyes accented by black eyeliner making her look like some kind of supervillain. She was taller than the average woman, with small breast but a curvy pair of legs and rounded hips. She was beautiful and I had the feeling I knew her but how?

The woman was wearing a black, leather skirt that hugged her shapely legs and a black corset with purple stings keeping it together. If I didn't know better I would say she was some sort of BDSM mistress and I was her new toy.

"Where am I?"

She laughed at the simple question with a smirk that made me fear for my life. "Well, you are in the Land of David, silly," she announced before coming over and rubbing her silver-painted nails down my face. "You look nothing like them."

I shook my head. "Them?"

"Our parents," she said like that was the obvious answer. "I thought you were supposed to look like Zane but you don't."

What nut farm did she come from?

"Why am I here and why am I supposed to look like Zane!?" I snapped. This woman made no sense. I was locked away and instead of giving me answers she gives me riddles. To make matters worse I couldn't feel my wolf anywhere. It was almost like he was sleeping and even I couldn't wake him up.

I was suddenly smacked across the face and gasped when her nails sank it my cheek. "You're the bait, Nathan. You're going to get the family back together," she said calmly and then let me go.

Nathan?

She thought I was Nathan?

Where was Nathan? Did he know I was gone? Was he worried about me?

"What did you do to me? I can't feel my wolf," I growled. I knew I was alone when it came to where my mate- if he was even that anymore- was but my wolf had always been there. At least since I had been changed.

"I gave you wolfbane. It kind of puts your wolf to sleep for a few hours. Enough time for me to kill our dear dads."

"Why would you want to kill Axel and P- dad? How are you even related to them?" I asked. None of this made any sense. Jessie had explained to me that the only reason the land of Thomas were all males was because of natural selection. Zane had explained that the gods made it to where the people who lived under Thomas were only able to produce men so that way they would fit in and be able to live there with a more likely chance of finding their mates, so how is this even possible?

"How are you related to them?" I snapped again. This woman was absolutely crazy.

She growled and I heard her wolf's anger with the echo. "Axel," she hissed.

"You're not explaining anything!"

She slapped me again and hissed. "Bad dog!" I really wished I could take this bitch's head off but I had to stay calm. She seemed unstable as is.

"You're mean just like them!" she snapped. "They gave me away and all because I was a girl."

"Axel gave you away?"

"Yes!" she screamed. "He wanted to have a kid after Alec was born but this time he wanted it to be his DNA. Unlike Phillip, he came from a two-gender community so it was more likely for him to have a daughter and what do you know?"

"They had you," I answered.

"I wasn't good enough and all because I was born with a vagina! They are evil and conniving and I hate them!" she screamed. I looked around and felt myself shrink away. I needed to get out and warn Axel.

"How are you the princess of David if you were born in Thomas?" I asked trying to yank my hands out of the handcuffs without being too obvious. "It doesn't make sense."

She rolled her eyes. Looking at her face I could see Axel in her strong face. A sculpted jaw that had a firm pointed chin, a strong nose, and beautiful pink lips. She was the female version of Axel and it was crazy to see.

"I was the treaty. When I was born, the land of Thomas and the land of David were at war. They were fighting over territory and I was born two years into it. Zane and you were born a year after it. Axel used me as a pawn and gave me to Davion as an act of peace. I grew up and everyday Davion would tell me about my bastard status until I devised the perfect plan. Burn the forest and get them here and then kill them." I stared at her with wide eyes but she was too busy twirling a knife to notice. I had my hand almost of out the handcuffs when she suddenly turned and stabbed the knife through my hand.

I screamed as I felt the blood immediately start to ooze from my hand.

"You can't leave just yet little brother," she teased. "We haven't even gotten to the good part yet."