Chapter Six

Alec helped me out of the water and then hid his sketchpad under one of the rocks. I watched him closely trying to decide if this is really what I wanted. Alec was nice but I was still in love with Jessie. To add fuel to the fire, I was also involved(?) with his brother.

Does a few kisses really make us involved?

I don't know.

"So, what was your home like?" Alec asked as he grabbed my hand and began to pull me up the river.

I looked around us but didn't protest. "My town was hell," I said with a snort. "The population was under a thousand, everyone knew everyone, your problems were the towns problems, and gays weren't allowed."

Alec gave a dry chuckle and squeezed my hand. "It sounds similar to here just obviously straights aren't allowed." I gave a laugh and peeked over at him to find him already looking at me. He squeezed my hand again before carrying on. "Our pack is made of about fifty people which isn't including our young- some are mated but others are just whores. Like, Nathan."

"Nathan is a whore?" I said with a frown. I know Zane mentioned Nathan getting around I just didn't think about it very often.

Alec laughed again while rolling his deep eyes. "Nathan is THE whore." He began. "Ever since Zane and Nathan turned eighteen, Nathan has made it his priority to get into everyone's pants. He fucks elders, teenagers, and even goes into the human towns and finds people. He finds satisfaction in getting people on their back."

"That's a bit harsh especially coming from his brother," I snapped, taking my hand from his but continuing to walk. "He's still your brother and no matter what he does or who he fucks it's your job to be there and care."

"We are so different," Alec tried to explain, looking over at me as we still walked. "It's hard to accept what he does when he only fucks people. I make love. Zane is a medium between us two... but Nathan and I are black and white. We have never even wanted the same guy before until..." he trailed off and again our eyes met.

"Until me?" I asked and he nodded. "So, you and him both like me?"

Alec reached over and grabbed my hand. "I think the answer to my half of that question is obvious but Nathan? I think he just wants you for his own sexual gain."

But it feels like more.

"I guess," I said but even I didn't believe that. Nathan may have kissed me within the first ten minutes of knowing me but I felt the connection. It wasn't just lust it was a desire to be near. He kissed me like he loved me and yet we had only just met...

"I don't mean to confuse you," Alec interrupted as we stopped just outside of a cave the water went in. "I just really think we could have something and maybe its because you're so different or maybe it's just because when I'm near you my heart races but I know for sure I want more than one night with you."

I thought he was about to kiss me but instead he put me in front of him and covered my eyes. "Alec?"

"Trust me," he said softly into my ear. I felt chills go down my spine and nodded to let him know I was ready for whatever he planned. He nudged me with his foot and we both began to walk until I heard water thundering in front of us. I was confused until I began to feel water droplets hitting my skin and then Alec's hands were gone.

"Oh, my god," I gasped taking in the small water fountain that was causing the water to rain down on us. We were inside the cave now and the walls were black but you could see crystals forming on the roof and the walls showing rainbows flickering off the walls. It was all so beautiful and unlike anything I had ever seen before.